Title: Northeast General Manager
Reports to: VP, Membership
Location: Remote - Northeast United States
Status: Full-time / Salaried / Exempt
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs in order to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages. Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Northeast General Manager is a highly visible front line of communication and strategy with current and prospective member clubs and leagues. Responsible for serving and attracting membership, this role will support the mission of US Club Soccer through collaboration and by fostering relationships with key decision makers.
Significant travel, and evening/weekend and outdoor work is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent US Club Soccer with dignity and integrity.
- Manage member club acceptance and execute partner league agreements in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prioritize member retention though best-in-class service and solutions for membership by leveraging all US Club Soccer offerings, including id2, coach education, development, and National Cup series.
- Collaborate with leadership team to establish and execute strategy for new membership.
- Attend member meetings and events.
- Lead/assist with new member on-boarding and existing member development/continual education.
- Drive registrations and assist in management of assigned National Cup competitions.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED:
This position requires an individual who is proactive, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Deep understanding of soccer, the soccer landscape, club operations and league management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to think strategically, critically, and creatively.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, manage crisis, and produce high-quality output.
- Ability to use discretion and handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
The position will remain open until filled with interviews starting no sooner than March 20, 2023. The anticipated start date is flexible.
This position is employed by CSM for US Club Soccer. CSM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.