In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
The Event Production Senior Coordinator is responsible for bringing U.S. Soccer’s events and brand to life through various forms of storytelling and tactics (concept through execution). This position works within the Event Operations Department as a support role to all other departments within the Federation in providing creative direction and event production experience. In collaboration with Event Leadership, this role will perform and oversee all event production related activities at all U.S. Soccer events such as National Team matches, Fan Parties, Annual General Meetings, National Soccer Hall of Fame Inductions, U.S. Open Cup, Partnership Summits, and etc.. This postion offers a unique experience to help establish U.S. Soccer as the preeminent sport in the U.S. from both the brand and events perspectives.
- Assist in the event production of U.S. Soccer events through creative thinking and planning to enhance the in-stadium fan experience.
- Assist in executing Event Production expenses and budgets. Reconcile all post-event production and branding invoices
- Coordination, integration, and execution of all digital stadium décor, on-field signage, and in–stadium digital assets
- Coordinate and manage vendor orders and contractors including building relationships, negotiating contracts, and installation logistics
- Work across multiple departments, projects and entities to ensure cross-Federation alignment and integration
- Develop event scripts, run of shows, and manage content for senior national team events, U.S. Open Cup matches and other special events.
- Lead the control room staff at select events including staffing, scheduling, and directing the show
- Collaborate and coordinate with broadcast partners to ensure accurate execution of event timing, camera positioning, and stadium broadcast feeds
- Stay abreast of industry trends and develop new concepts to incorporate into U.S. Soccer’s event production elements.
- Oversee all on-site event production vendors (signage, pyrotechnics, military, flags, audio, DJs, Anthem performers, hosts, staging, teleprompter services, and various other VIPs and special guests)
- Oversee any on-field or in-stadium recognitions, partner activations, and award ceremonies
- Provide other assistance as needed to execute events
- Assist in the execution of all digital graphics on all video screens, billboards, presentations, all social media platforms, and physical signage such as locker rooms, player tunnel, seating areas, merchandise locations, VIP areas and all stadium interior/ exterior signage
- Provide constructive feedback, suggestions, and insight into photo/video shoots and videos/animations
- Help in the management and execution of Event Branding expenses and budgets.
- Contribute to the execution of U.S. Soccer initiatives and campaigns
- Oversee execution of partner activations on-field, in-stadium, and all signage at events
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and leadership
- Highly organized, energetic and detail oriented
- Strong understanding of digital media including social media, website, app, etc.
- Strong, audience-focused design capabilities in both print and new media. Candidate must submit portfolio along with resume
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint/Keynote, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Media Encoder
- Extensive leadership/management in managing large groups is desired (some events could have a couple hundred people under this role’s oversight)
- Ability to understand/follow creative direction and incorporate constructive feedback
- Strong time management skills and ability to work within strict deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Highly creative and willingness to contribute innovative ideas/thinking
- Has a pulse on event industry trends and user interaction
- Extensive work experience in stadium control rooms or show calling
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able and willing to travel more than 50% of a calendar year
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends, & holidays as necessary.
- Poses a desire to working in the unique space of athletics as a career
- Proficient with Apple/Mac operating systems and equipment
- Familiar with international soccer
- Working experience with any vendors/groups such as U.S. military, pyrotechnics, photographers/videographers, musicians, hosts, signage companies, and/or stadium control rooms is a plus
- Extensive experience working in Event Operations
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.