In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
Reporting to the Director of Ticketing, the Manager, Ticket Sales is responsible for managing and executing all operational elements necessary to successfully stage U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Team events, as well as other matches/tournaments operations by U.S. Soccer Federation on a year-round basis. The position will be tasked with improving the efficiency – both operationally and financially – for the events department.
- Manage the overall sales efforts for the ticket sales staff, including directing sales activities, training, and mentoring staff
- Generate revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face-to-face appointments (when applicable), prospecting, and networking
- In tandem with the Director of Ticketing, establish and implement a sales strategy to increase revenue through Insider Memberships, premium seating, group sales, and special offers
- Build out prospecting databases for each market the U.S. Soccer Federation travels to
- Lead, motivate, develop, and coach sales staff for future succession and opportunity within the U.S. Soccer Federation organization
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with all members of the sales staff; establish and communicate clear sales revenue goals and follow up with appropriate feedback and direction for development
- Manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis, including annual reviews for all team members
- Create sales incentive programs to maintain a positive sale culture
- Assist in managing season ticket holder events to maintain and service current ticket holders
- Join account executives on sales calls and appointments and assist with the sales process where necessary
- Consistently deliver a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients helping provide world-class service
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling tickets
- Manage the U.S. Soccer sales team including interviewing, selecting, onboarding and day-to-day sales account management
- Lead the U.S. Soccer sales efforts by soliciting new group and premium sales opportunities
- Providing leadership for the event operations department – assisting with goal setting for the sales team while striving to push the team forward
- Develop and implement training and planning exercises for the U.S. Soccer sales team and other pertinent parties
- Work in tandem with the Director of Ticketing to craft a group experience roadmap the sales team can use in each match
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience, preferably in the sports or entertainment industries
- Minimum of two (2) year of experience in a leadership role, managing representatives and interns is preferred but not required
- Demonstrate a consistent, successful track record in hitting ticket sales goals
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Experience with Ticketmaster
- Archtics is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel across the United States and Internationally as needed for matches
- Ability to work professionally and collaboratively with management, staff, contractors, partners and the public
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow while delivering high-quality work
- Excellent communication and organization skills, both oral and written
- Strong teaching, motivating, development, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Takes action and shows initiative; Displays a can-do attitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Able and willing to travel as the business needs
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays as necessary
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, preferred)
- Experience working in international sporting events - including federations, officials, and teams from varying countries and cultures
- Experience managing a sales team and executing a sales strategy across multiple markets
U.S. Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.