In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
CLASSIFICATION Year-round; Full-time
REPORTS TO CEO
LOCATION Park City, UT
BENEFITS: Comprehensive health insurance package; 401k with 3% company match; generous flexible time off; industry perks; access to athlete gym; weekly staff lunch if on-site; hybrid work schedule if on-site (minimum three days in office).
U.S. Ski & Snowboard is seeking an Executive Assistant. This is a full-time, beneficial position eligible for our full benefits package including medical insurance and retirement. For inquiries or help with your application, please email [email protected]
SUMMARY / OBJECTIVE
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the CEO and the Executive Team of U.S. Ski & Snowboard, the National Governing Body for Olympic Skiing and Snowboarding. This person will handle a wide range of executive support and administrative related tasks while looking to increase efficiency, collaborate cross-functionally, and manage confidential information displaying complete loyalty to the direction and leadership of the CEO.
The EA is a highly resourceful, professional team-player and will work closely with the Leadership Team to support the CEO, maintaining confidence in all interactions. This person will develop a deep understanding of all functions of the organization and become a trusted assistant for the CEO and leadership team when they need information and assistance. The EA must have the ability to always maintain a high level of confidentiality, multi-task in a fast paced, high energy environment, anticipate needs and workflow while maintaining a positive attitude.
U.S. Ski & Snowboard (USSS) is committed to leading, encouraging, and supporting athletes in achieving excellence and making the United States of America the Best in the World in Olympic skiing and snowboarding. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion by creating an environment in which diversity is valued, equity is striven for, and inclusion is embraced.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Athlete Services
- Provide the CEO with information for athlete onboarding and offboarding.
- Assist with coordination of Town Hall invitations and video conferences.
- Schedule 1:1 or group meetings with CEO as requested by athletes.
- Sport Performance
- Coordinate internal FIS Calendar for U.S. Ski & Snowboard's World Cup competitions in order to provide CEO with weekly updates: upcoming event details and top 20 results.
- Assist in FIS coordination for travel.
- Executive Support
- Act in support of the CEO and Executive Team. Providing administrative duties for team members.
- Serve as liaison between the CEO and members of the organization, partners, vendors, and guests.
- Handle inquiries and develop action plans to address them. Cascade information when needed.
- Conserve executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence.
- Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, follow up appropriately.
- Act as a "barometer," having a sense for issues taking place in the environment and keep the CEO updated.
- Calendar, Email, Correspondence
- Extensive calendar management requires interaction with both internal and external executives and their assistants in multiple time zones.
- Independently identify and resolve issues with schedules and be able to proactively anticipate sequencing of meetings.
- Monitor and screen CEO's email and correspondence and respond independently to resolve or provide assistance. Maintaining complete confidentiality of all messages.
- Alert CEO regarding high priority and timely messages.
- Meetings and events
- Schedule meetings or calls (online, hybrid, or in-person).
- Reserve and set up rooms, prepare agendas and/or presentations, record and distribute minutes, and ensure action item follow-up.
- Establish best practices for use of conference rooms and related technology. Educate staff accordingly.
- Coordinate lists and distribution of staff and athlete ski and snowboard season passes – working with partner resorts.
- Maintain subscriptions, memberships, and annual event attendance: Hall of Fames, Utah Sports Commission, Ski Utah, Governor's Sports Awards, UOP, Alf Engen, International Skiing History Association, Jan's Winter Welcome, ACES, SIA, Around the Rings, Sports Business Journal, Sportcal/Global Data, Governor's State of Sport Awards Dinner, Live Like Sam, etc.
- Help develop best practices for administrative support.
- Lead building tours on behalf of CEO, as requested.
- Governance and Board Support
- Support Board of Directors and Board of Trustee events and meetings. Occasional travel to meetings.
- Create and maintain Outlook Group lists for Boards and Committees.
- Coordinate DocuSign contract approval/signing process with CEO.
- Manage CEO DocuSign account.
- USOPC and FIS
- Familiar with key functions and staff of the USOPC and FIS.
- Keep CEO apprised of meetings, assemblies, and congresses. Obtain detailed schedules. Create calendar itineraries for each.
- Review, daily and weekly, NGB Hub and FIS communications and distribute information as needed.
- Maintain NGB Hub licenses.
- Work closely with IT to provide seamless support for the CEO.
- Able to research and solve technical issues. Must be resourceful and proactive in seeking out solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of video conference platforms.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key contacts, board members and their assistants.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with employees for increased efficiency and responsiveness.
- Communications and collaboration
- Coordinate and send internal and external communications on behalf of CEO in collaboration with the Communications team including but not limited to Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, Athletes Advisory Council, various athletic committees, athletes, and staff.
- Create electronic mail merges for email comms on behalf of CEO.
- Act as a helping hand for other departments and assist with additional projects as needed.
- Handle complex domestic and international travel arrangements for CEO with preferred travel partner/agent.
- Create detailed calendar appointments for travel.
- Familiar with airport codes, time zones, and CEOs preferred flights, rental cars, and lodging.
- Work with partner executive assistants when special travel arrangements are needed.
- Provide assistance with passports and visas for internal staff, athletes, and guests.
- Competition Events (World Cups, World Championships)
- Partner with Events Department to obtain event VIP Passes
- Distribute passes and credentials and keep apprised of event schedules.
- Assist onsite at competitions when needed for registration, credential checking, VIP tent, etc.
- Prepare and submit Expensify reports on behalf of CEO and research receipts as needed.
- Special Events
- Respond to invitations for functions. Coordinate details and guest lists.
- Maintain gifting for CEO giving being resourceful in obtaining items.
- Assist CEO with personal Gold Pass usage.
- Arrange breakfast, lunch, or dinner special events – working with caterers and event locations.
- Coordinate thank you's to staff on their work anniversaries.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Equipment Used
- Standard office equipment (computer, smartphone, copier, etc.). Motor vehicle.
- Physical Requirements
- Tasks require a variety of physical activities, which do not generally involve muscular strain, such as walking, standing, stooping, sitting, reaching and light lifting. Regular talking, hearing and seeing required in the normal course of performing the job. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Environmental Conditions
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting. May include some travel as well as weekend/evening work.
COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience supporting high level executives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must have high level of ethics and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information of a personal or professional nature
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Skilled with Google Docs, Zoom, and other video conference platforms.
- Excellent calendar management skills and effective use of scheduling tools
- Able to work with ambiguity at times. Able to quickly obtain information needed to move forward with a specific need/objective.
- Collaborative interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships and network with staff, stakeholders, board members, and industry professionals
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Ability and desire to learn new technology to drive efficiencies
- Outstanding verbal and written and communication skills
- Proactively anticipate needs and dependencies without being asked or directed
- Adaptive to change and responds positively to altered circumstances and competing demands
- Flexibility to work extended hours including nights and weekends
- Passion and interest in Snowsports desirable
U.S. SKI AND SNOWBOARD EEO STATEMENT
USSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. USSS's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.