Jobs & Current Searches
LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB?
Many people ask us, "Look out for me!" when there is a job that might fit their background. This has been exhausting to remember what job everyone wants. We first tried rolodex cards, then even a database. But we still couldn't please everyone. So, technology has finally caught up, and you can help us remind you when a job for which we are recruiting would best fit you. Please fill out an online profile with us.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Director of Business Development
The selected individual will be responsible for working with the SMN sales, marketing, research and creative staff in helping to cultivate new race team sponsorships in NASCAR, IndyCar, IMS Sportscar, Forumla E, Australian Supercars, Global Rallycross and other professional series as well as endorsements, personal services agreements, licensing and other revenue generating programs for SMN's team and individual driver clients. The position is located at Sports Management Network's headquarters in Troy, Michigan.
Basic responsibilities include:
> Generating business leads and following up on sales opportunities
- > Using our market research, identifying potential target customers
- > Telephone outreach, tracking down business leads, setting up appointments with potential customers and finding creative ways to build relationships with sponsors for our clients
- > Establishing customer needs and selling inventory accordingly.
- > Negotiating contracts to ensure both client and sponsors needs are met
- > Weekly sales status reporting to the Head of Sales
- > Meeting and exceeding established monthly and annual sales goals
- > Collaborating with the Head of Sales to create marketing plans which enhance the Sales Department's ability to grow and retain business
- > Creating/implementing of new business ideas and opportunities that drive revenue.
- > Creating and maintaining positive and harmonious relationships with clients and coworkers.
Ideal candidate has:
- > At least five (5) years of total sports sponsorship sales experience with at least three (3) years of sponsorship sales experience in the motorsports space. Agency sales experience a plus.
- > A proven track record of successful sponsorship sales on a national basis across programs ranging from the mid-five figures and higher.
- > Existing relationships with and knowledge of the key stakeholders in the motorsports space including sanctioning bodies, teams, drivers, corporate sponsors and advertising, marketing and activation firms and agencies.
- > Willingness to travel, including weekends for race events.
- > The ability to relocate to the Detroit, Michigan area (if not already local)
How did you hear about this job?
List with revenue size (5-figure or 6 figure) last year's new business sponsorship deals you've completed.