SVP, Human Resources - rEvolution (Chicago · IL)
rEvolution is one of the leading independent, international, and fully integrated sports marketing, consulting, and media agencies. Founded in 2001 with a focus on representing brands in sports, we provide our clients with a full-service marketing approach, including sponsorship consulting, media planning and buying, creative production and design, experiential marketing, hospitality, public relations, social media, and research.
We are looking for a highly strategic, accomplished SVP, Human Resources to join our team in our Chicago HQ office.
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP, Human Resources will be responsible for leading the culture and organizational development that supports the growth of both employees and the organization. Managing an Associate Director of Human Resources, the selected candidate will determine and direct the global human resource strategy for the company. The SVP will lead talent acquisition, talent management, training, benefits, and DEI for all offices.
- Provide strategic, leadership, and consulting support to company executives and management for setting goals, policy development, staff allocation, and management as a whole to ensure business goals are met.
- Create/deploy a company strategic recruitment and selection plan.
- Oversee the performance management process as well as the coaching and mentoring programs.
- Manage employee benefit programs; recommend/implement improvements to benefit programs.
- Oversee/facilitate amicable conflict resolutions for employee improvement plans, investigations, and mediating workplace conflict.
- Provide change management strategies for employees as we continue to scale organization to the next level.
- Ensure consistency and fairness for promotions, filling new positions, upgrading existing positions, re-circling positions, and processing the annual salary adjustment.
- Evaluate procedures and technology solutions to improve human resources data management and ensure adequate staff-related data management systems are in place.
- Recommend and maintain an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure compliance.
- Supervise the staff of the Human Resources Department.
- Assess company culture and employee morale and provide recommendations on changes to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for HR and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Ensure confidentiality of employee files, all salary information, disability information, personal issues, terminations, recruitment information, and health benefits data.
- Ensure that new and/or changed human resources policies and programs are published as planned and that all employees receive information and training for them.
- Sustain professional and technical knowledge through workshops, seminars, associations, research, and professional publications
- Management of Human Resources staff
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field required (candidates with master’s degree in HRM a plus)
- 15+ years’ experience in a Human Resource position required and at least 5 of these working in a senior-level HR role within an organization
- Work experience in multi-site, international, multi-functional 100+ organizations preferred
- Experience in analyzing complex problems, designing, and implementing innovative solutions with measurable results.
- Is not easily rattled, views challenges as an opportunity to innovate and push on boundaries, and maintains a positive attitude both internally and externally.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills that enable them to effectively engage the organization at all levels in key business initiatives and communicate effectively with a diverse contingent of stakeholders.
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal and listening skills. One who is adaptable to different and changing environments and possesses a team mentality, and low ego.
- Has the presence and credibility to instill confidence and trust both internally and externally; able to communicate concisely and effectively; has exceptional judgment, integrity, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with hands-on experience, preferably with a growing organization in the marketing/advertising/sports and hospitality industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Paylocity and Linkedin recruiter and TeamWork Online a plus
- Ability to fit and drive performance within rEvolution’s company culture.
Yes/No: I have held a senior-level Human Resources position within a 100+ full-time employee organization.
Yes/No: I have worked at an advertising, consulting, sports or sports marketing agency
Why are you interested in working at rEvolution?
Yes/No: I live in or am willing to move to Chicago if offered the role. (The position is not remote)