Senior Manager, Sponsorship Sales with Athlete Representation Firm in New York City · NY
- This role requires deep knowledge of the sports business industry, as well as strong interpersonal skills to help drive alignment among various stakeholders, while also influencing go-to-market strategies that optimize for growth, adoption and value for this audience
- Develop best-in-class sales presentations, materials, and collateral based on research and consumer insights
- Develop framework for partner business reviews, including data analysis, collateral creation and tactical recommendations
- Apply knowledge of assigned digital media channels, consumer trends and business needs to identify and implement new ways of connecting with and engaging customers
- Consistently measure impact of marketing programming and apply knowledge to future executions and programs
- Establish brand strategy and ensure execution across all platforms (multi-media, marketing/sales materials, digital, trade shows and promotions)
- Identify and prioritize tactics and associated investment to drive strongest business results
- Create and manage marketing plans/budgets that deliver business results for key focus brands across Sports and Entertainment divisions
- Manage annual planning with key stakeholders
- Anticipate the needs of the sports and events teams based on the current/upcoming priorities
- Prioritize and manage multiple sales prospects simultaneously and follow up on pitches in a timely manner
- Assist in brand partnership pitches, brainstorms as needed
- Monitor best practices and trends in sports entertainment, events and social media marketing, including new platforms
- Challenge status quo and constantly look for more efficient and effective ways to go to market
- Manage budgets and deliverables
- Work effectively across all core functions to drive marketing programing that supports key brands
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have 3-5 years of sponsorship selling experience with a major league sports team organization. Please make sure it is sponsorship sales, not tickets.
- Must have the ability and passion to sell and be a creative marketer and problem solver
- Highest level of client services experience with the ability to act quickly and thoughtfully
- Must have excellent written and verbally communications skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
- Motivated by an extremely collaborative and fast-moving environment
- Must have a strong work ethic, and is a passionate self-starter who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Should bring a love of solving strategic business challenges with creative solutions, in collaboration with our clients
- Possess strong knowledge and passion of the Sports industry, and future trends/opportunities shaping it
- Should have good working relationships either with brands, networks, and/or teams/leagues & talent.
How did you hear about this job?
List the last year of sponsorship deals, date, size
Yes/No: Are you willing to move to New York City?
How much New Business revenue are you currently responsible for generating each year?
Yes/No: I have 3+ years selling sponsorships for a sports organization
List the sports you've sold for...thank you