Director of Marketing - Sacramento River Cats Baseball Club, LLC (West Sacramento · CA)
Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full time/Exempt
The Director of Marketing will cultivate a fun and creative environment while focusing on driving revenue and fan engagement. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this position will oversee marketing, advertising, graphic design, promotions, game entertainment, community efforts, and collaborate on business intelligence. The Director of Marketing will work closely with other department heads including: corporate partnerships, merchandise, food and beverage, ticket sales, ticket operations, and special events. In other words, the Director of Marketing will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the River Cats brand internally and externally as the premier entertainment opportunity in Northern California.
Lead weekly department meetings and one-on-one meetings with teammates. Continue team training and development towards personal and organizational goals. Participate in weekly department head meetings as well as Manager on Duty game-day responsibilities.
- Recruit, develop, train and lead the marketing department staff.
- Grow single-game ticket revenue.
- Work with ticket sales and ticket operations to grow database, identify data insights, improve email hygiene, and increase conversion efficiency.
- Responsible for developing and implementation of digital and social marketing strategies to increase engagement, promote community, execute partnership elements, and drive ticket sales.
- Create and manage the marketing and promotions budgets and timelines.
- Lead in creation of marketing plan, ad campaigns and media buys.
- Develop and maintain key media relationships for broadcast, advertising, and promotional needs.
- Oversee promotional calendar, selection and ordering of promotional items.
- Manage promotions team and control room to exceed entertainment standards and expectations.
- Oversee all River Cats collateral creation, printing, and distribution, to include The Inside Pitch game program and stadium signage.
- Develop community involvement initiatives and establish community service goals for front office, players, and mascot.
- Establish and control the River Cats brand identity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be able to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Must have great organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have good communication and excellent writing skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Must be creative with a good pulse on trending ideas, themes and social outlets.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a leadership/supervisory position in a sales-driven environment preferred.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide the first/last name and email of a professional reference.
Y/N: Do you have 3 years of leadership/supervisory experience?
Y/N: Do you have experience successfully growing a database to drive revenue?
How much money do you need to make this move to the River Cats?
The job is based in Sacramento. Will you move to Sacramento?