Chief Executive Officer with USA Pickleball Association in Work Remotely, main office · AZ
About USA Pickleball
You’ve seen courts suddenly show up at your tennis club, your golf club and even your neighbor’s side yard. The under slogan, “We make it easy to start and hard to stop,” besides its obvious health benefits, pickleball is very social and that’s what has attracted and retains many of its 40,000+ members. It was noted to be one of the fastest growing sports. According to the USAPA, there are nearly 3 million recreational participants in the sport, 190 sanctioned tournaments and the Organization has dispensed over $234,000 in community grants since it was formed in 2005.
- To reinforce USA Pickleball’s authority and influence
- To grow pickleball’s awareness, positive impressions and participation
- To increase and diversify revenues from events, sponsorships, camps, fundraisers, grants and corporate partners, etc.
- Providing day to day management of the staff, attracting, motivating, nurturing, hiring and firing, and retaining top talent while creating an environment that fosters positive morale and performance.
- Implementing the guidelines brought forth in the Strategic Plan while being at the ready to pivot when crises occur such as the pandemic and economic changes.
- Communicating regularly with the board on the status of the organization with respect to its membership conversion, tournaments, growth opportunities, media and marketing, participation, volunteer projects, revenue, etc.
- Communicating with and engaging with players, instructors, officials, tournament directors, fans, vendors, sponsors, Ambassadors and other stakeholders that help grow the sport.
- Serving as USA Pickleball’s Chief Spokesperson and representative of the sport’s national governing body.
- Overseeing the organization’s budget and financial reporting.
- Legally, ensuring the organization is compliant with all 501 c 3 activities, policies and procedures. Ensuring all legal documents contracts and agreements are complete, filed and in compliance with necessary rules, regulations and laws. Preparing annual evaluations of all staff.
- Competent, confident, experienced, collaborative, enthusiastic, consensus-building leader of a growth business. The role will require a lot of hands-on management of staff.
- Past experience in a consumer-facing, for profit or non-profit sports national governing body building its foundation and processes that has helped an organization grow from several million dollars to annual revenues in excess of $5 million over a short time.
- Past work reporting to, managing, or working productively leading with a volunteer, diverse, board of directors.
- Experience in most of these areas of business: administration, finance, legal, marketing, event management, human resources, fundraising and sponsorship sales and activation.
- Experience in heading negotiations and closing of multi-million commercial agreements, joint ventures and strategic partnerships.
- Strong work ethic, able to properly prioritize and fulfill tasks as laid out in the strategic plan.
- Past hands-on experience with a sizeable budget, preparation of cash flow budgets, annual reports, good fiscal control.
- “Do anything” mindset and vision, with the discipline to fulfill short term-goals.
- Passion for, enthusiasm for and thorough knowledge of the sport of pickleball.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, the previous search was halted and is recommencing. Please reapply if you had an interest.
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: Are you familiar with the sport of pickleball? Please then provide details that describe your level of play or knowledge of the sport?
What size budget have you been responsible for in any previous position(s)?
Yes/No: Have you reported to a board of directors? If not, have you served on a board? Please explain..
Yes/No: Have you managed a staff remotely? Explain your management process remotely.