Senior-Level Executive/ Co-Head Marketing Division - Priority Sports & Entertainment (Chicago · IL)
Priority Sports & Entertainment Jobs
Jobs in Chicago · IL
Player Operations: Athlete Representation/Agent
For questions regarding this position, please contact [email protected]
Priority Sports & Entertainment, one of the largest independently owned sports agencies in the US, and a full-service Sports Management and Marketing agency representing Athletes, Coaches, and Broadcasters is currently seeking a Senior Level Executive to serve as the Co-Head of its Marketing Division and lead all areas of business development, strategic vision creation, and marketing initiatives for their NBA, NFL, NIL and Coaching clientele. The job is based in Chicago, IL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership. Like an in-house agency. Provide direction and support for the marketing team and department regarding all aspects of off-field and off-court marketing, social media, and public and community relations for the clients represented by Priority Sports.
- Manage sales/marketing and communications team in their development and career growth, ensuring that the team reaches team and personal goals.
- Solicit, create, develop, negotiate, and manage international, national, and local marketing deals for its key clients and oversee the team to do the same for the others.
- Stay on the cutting edge of the sports marketing world and find ways to grow and advance the offerings and capabilities of the agency as it relates to marketing. Seek out unconventional deals including, but not limited to, new media and entertainment, equity-based, and brand consulting.
- Develop a strong working relationship with clients to help identify their off-field and off-court goals, best understand how to market them to prospective corporate clients, and maintain continuous communication with them throughout the year.
- Set a strategy for building new corporate relationships and present ways these corporate partners can include our clients in their future campaigns and endorsements.
- Identify and vet out venture capital opportunities and investments for our clients.
- Uphold and build upon the current internal culture and maintain positive energy/collaboration throughout the department.
- Enhance our recruitment efforts with NBA and NFL players, Coaches, and prospective NIL clients, as it relates to marketing. Lead and organize marketing presentations/pitches to attract and sign top draft picks.
- Must be willing to travel as needed and be flexible to work within deadlines.
Education & Experience Required:
In addition to possessing the necessary experience and skill set to achieve the tasks established above, the candidate must also meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required, graduate degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in any of the following disciplines: player marketing representation, serving as a sponsor involved with athletes, sponsorship marketing representation, and/or agency and brand representation where the use of athletes has been your passion and with proven leadership in personally directing major clients’ initiatives in the sports and entertainment space.
- Deep personal brand-side skill and contacts and a history of long-standing business relationships in the sports and entertainment industry with brands/sponsors, public relations and advertising agencies, sports marketing firms, talent procurement agencies, teams, and leagues.
- Proficient knowledge of equity-based deals and an interest in procuring new business and investment opportunities for our clients in the venture capital space.
- Strong client development and negotiation skills
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and lead a team effectively. Must be self-motivated/self-starter with the ability to multi-task successfully and operate within budgetary and timeline constraints.
- Previous experience leading and/or managing a team.
Only applicants living in Chicago or willing to relocate to Chicago will be considered.
Yes/No: I am able to work full-time in Chicago
Describe some of your latest sponsorship deals if they involved an athlete.