Box Office Manager - Midwest Minor League Baseball Team (Midwest US)
Midwest Minor League Baseball Team Jobs
Jobs in Midwest US
Ticket Operations: Ticket Operations
The Box Office Manager will run and lead the day-to-day operations of the Box Office. Directly manage and lead a team of Assistant Managers and Box Office Representatives and act as a liaison with brand, sales and service teams to efficiently and professionally support their ticket project objectives, event ticketing requests and reporting requirements. This role will provide tactical leadership to facilitate and support sales and service initiatives for the organization and ensure all inventory requirements are met for internal and external initiatives to support all revenue opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist in the management and supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Box Office.
- Responds to customer requests and maintain a positive rapport with the ticket buying public.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most box office questions without assistance.
- Game time supervision of the box office.
- Seating, invoicing, printing, packaging, and mailing of all group orders.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating of part time/seasonal Box Office personnel.
- Assist with the coordination of the printing, packaging, mailing and delivery of season tickets and single game tickets.
- Opens and/or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons; accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Assist in the management and processing of deposits and reporting with regards to ticket purchases through ticketing software. Takes deposits to the bank as needed.
- Assist with seat assignments for current and new season ticket holders.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to accomplish the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Initiative – actively initiates new projects and ideas.
- Innovativeness – displays imagination, originality, and inventiveness to improve products, services, or processes; originates new ideas to make things better.
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership – establishes high personal standards; leads by example; creates environment where employees strive to achieve the goals of the organization; demonstrates concern for other’s growth; actively provides developmental opportunities; earns trust and confidence of others.
- Planning/organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Results Oriented – achieves desired outcomes in a timely and professional manner; meets deadlines and accomplishes tasks; demonstrates drive and determination; can work independently with little guidance.
- Resource Management – directs or supervises others effectively; draws effectively upon others and assets to achieve objectives; allotting work to the most effective resource.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Previous Box Office/Ticketing Operations or Management experience required.
- Expertise in Ticketmaster ticketing software is preferred.
- A college degree, computer skills, management capabilities including planning, decision making, problem solving, patience and an understanding of accounting principles are recommended.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.