Marketing Director - Midwest Sports Organization (N/A)
Midwest Sports Organization Jobs
Jobs in N/A
An established professional sports team in the midwest is looking for a full time Director of Marketing and Communications to oversee all aspects of marketing and brand development of the team.
The Marketing Director will work with the senior leadership team to develop and execute a marketing strategy to support the brand strategy.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for designing a robust marketing plan that supports fan engagement and event awareness strategies.
- Overall development of marketing programs, paid brand advertising and earned media, and social media strategies.
- Oversee design and production of team/player materials, marketing, and sponsorship assets (digital and traditional).
- Oversee internal and external communication.
- Develop and maintain ways to measure and report on public relations programs; understand media monitoring and measurement tools
- Negotiate all paid and trade media agreements and develop/implement budget.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Must be proactive and innovative leader with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks on deadline.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in communications or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain relationships internally and industry-wide
- Experience in media pitching, creating PR plans and strategies, social media strategy, and content development
- Ability to think big picture and create long-term ROI and growth plans for the team and partners
- Up to date with media trends within and outside the industry
- Candidates should be familiar with graphic design, video creation and social media targeting strategies.
- Creativity and focus on organically generating regular content for fan engagement.
- The ability/willingness to work long hours, including weekends, and holidays as necessary around game and event schedule.
- Strong computer background and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and understanding of creative design software is strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.