Showcar Program Operator - Stewart-Haas Racing (Kannapaolis · NC)
Stewart-Haas Racing Jobs
Sports Jobs in Kannapaolis · NC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Truck Driver
General Summary: Reports to Showcar Director. Responsible for day to day operation of specific client mobile exhibit programs. Acts as initial point of contact for sponsor on exhibit related events. Allocates resources, helps facilitate race team fulfillment of mobile exhibit plans by the sponsor. Job requires CDL license.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the day to day driving and operation of the showcar at various event locations and the mobile exhibit deliverables while maintaining client satisfaction.
- Delivers showcar to and from each appearance while following calendar and schedule provided by the Showcar Director in a safe, timely, and professional manner ensuring Department of Transportation (“DOT”) requirements are met.
- Unloads showcar, sponsor related equipment and materials provided by sponsor.
- Remain with showcar during scheduled appearance answering questions and handing out sponsor and team related items.
- Addresses showcar activation related issues to the Showcar Director to resolve those issues.
- Works closely with the Showcar Director and Transportation Director to ensure correct adherence to Federal and State transportation requirements.
- Understands the sponsors and team interests and goals and represents those to the general public.
- Periodic reporting including all exhibit activity, submission of daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork and expense reports.
- Maintain the general maintenance and upkeep of all equipment including themselves in a professional manner.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for exhibit growth and new business, involving the Showcar Director.
- Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client & consumers.
- Reports to the Showcar Director, providing regular input on all exhibit activity, including status and call reports on a weekly basis.
Education and Work Experience:
High School, Technical College, or Undergraduate College Degree or equivalent. Typically requires at least 3 to 7 years of mobile exhibit experience in auto racing, event or marketing agencies or sports related business’.
Commercial Drivers License (CDL) & Certificate mandatory.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Event exhibit experience, strong inter-personal and organizational skills with the ability to work under tight timelines is a plus.
- The ability to quickly & calmly react and solve problems, especially “on the fly”.
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Working mechanical skills a plus
Equipment and Applications:
Truck and trailer, hand tools, power tools, computer, cell phone.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Able to lift up to 65 pounds. Extensive travel and long hours driving. Able to tolerate periods of long work hours. Work environment includes chemicals, power tools, heat, noise, highway traffic and interacting with customers, fellow employees, and sponsors. Must be willing to be travel and work with little supervision while being away from home for extended periods of time, in some cases, for up to 8 weeks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Do you have a CDL?
If you don't have a CDL, can you obtain a CDL?