Social Media Producer - Stewart-Haas Racing (Charlotte · NC)
Stewart-Haas Racing Jobs
Sports Jobs in Charlotte · NC
Marketing: Social Media
General Summary: Reports to the Head of Digital and Brand Strategy. The Social Media Producer will be responsible for helping Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) continue to grow and cultivate an audience through internet trends, creative ideas, and “growth” platforms for the brand. This role will contribute to SHR’s overall social media strategy and lead the day-to-day management of our TikTok and YouTube channels. In addition, they will be responsible for generating and creating social and digital content around trending topics, emerging trends, memes and other engaging ideas that will build fan affinity across all platforms.
We’re looking for someone who thinks in TikTok audio, lives and breathes internet culture and has a strong sense of what makes “good” content. This person must have a passion for social media, possessing a strong understanding of what makes the internet tick and how sports and culture intersect. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to push creative boundaries and can help idea and execute content across channels.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own SHR’s TikTok, responsible for generating ideas, managing a calendar, creating content and publishing across the platform to reach a new audience.
- Manage the SHR YouTube channel, uploading, publishing, and optimizing content. Work with our video producers to identify content opportunities for the channel.
- Maintain forward-looking calendar and schedules, identifying holidays, broader storylines and partner initiatives to brainstorm and plan around.
- Generate ideas and content around trending topics, creative trends, memes, and other engaging content that pushes the boundaries while reflecting the SHR brand.
- Create content for social — including but not limited to —TikToks, GIFS, graphic templates, etc.
- Lead social graphic asset briefing, collaborating with the social media coordinator on creative ideas for graphic needs across channels and working with external and internal partners to produce assets.
- Contribute to the brainstorming and development of ideas in support of partner programs, driver initiatives and SHR brand objectives.
- Proactively develop and implement platform and content tactics that drive growth, engagement, and partner value across social media channels.
- Support live race coverage on SHR’s social media channels in collaboration with the social media coordinator.
- Participates in other projects related to Stewart-Haas Racing, Haas F1 Team, Tony Stewart Racing, Tony Stewart Foundation, Gene Haas Foundation and additional miscellaneous projects.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- 1 to 2 years of experience in social media, particularly with platforms like TikTok and YouTube
- Experience creating content for the platforms, particularly TikToks, GIFs, and graphic templates
- Strong understanding of today’s social media landscape and creative formats
- Demonstrated experience with post-production and graphics software, include Adobe Photoshop, Premiere
- Familiarity and comfortability with DSLR, mirrorless and video equipment preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and grammatical ability, with the ability to clearly explain ideas
- A proven track record of being at the forefront of trends with the ability to brainstorm and execute original idea
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, managing multiple projects with tight timeline
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to relate to others and develop sound relationships
- The ability to quickly and calmly react and solve problems, especially “on the fly” as necessary
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
General office environment. No extraordinary physical demands required.
Travel to race events and / or extended hours may be required at times. Air travel, hotel accommodations and per diem are the responsibility of SHR. Air travel to race events may be via private team aircraft.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.