Director, Events & Logistics - United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (Colorado Springs · CO · Open to Remote)
United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee Jobs
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs · CO · Open to Remote
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Dir., Events & Logistics
Here's a summary of responsibilities:
The USOPC Events & Logistics team is looking for a visionary, passionate, and organized Director to bring to life the magic of the Team USA brand and Olympic & Paralympic values through a variety of USOPC events. The Director is responsible for leading the creation and delivery of experiences for USOPC guest constituents, both internal and external, to foster an environment of engaging guests in the Team USA experience. Events include both domestic and international experiences such as Games-time events like USA House, Media Summit, and Team USA Week in Washington DC, and corporate events such as Olympic & Paralympic Assembly, annual service awards banquets, and various department events and meetings. The Director is responsible for leading collaboration with various departments and external stakeholders and managing a team of event staff to execute each event to maximize the event’s vision.
Here's how you'll have an impact:
Strategic Event Planning & Delivery
- Consult with USOPC and USOPP departments and partners on the strategy and vision for each event, ensuring a clear purpose, defined audience, business objective, and vision for the guest experience. When multiple stakeholders are involved, negotiate and communicate a consolidated strategy and vision to all parties.
- Lead execution on each event’s vision with creative, branding, and look-and-feel for all events as determined by USOPC and/or USOPP Marketing teams. Ensure proper commercial partner integration and Team USA branding for alignment across all stakeholder events.
- Direct cross-organizational support for the events, working with specific departments on site selection, budget development and management, timeline development, and staffing management.
- Work within the event budget for all functional elements, including accommodations, transportation, food & beverage, creative & content, overlay & production, AV & content delivery, and entertainment options. Assist event owners with development of budget for future events. Liaise with Finance team for budget support as needed.
- Lead the creation of roles and job descriptions for staff members to support events, identification of talent pool, and selection of individuals to fill event roles. Delegate responsibilities to, train, manage, and lead staff before and during events, including Games roles as necessary. Provide staff with professional feedback to manage guest expectations and to ensure guests have positive experiences.
- Liaise with USOPP Partnership Management & Activation (PMA) and USOPC Marketing teams to develop sponsor activation ideas and implement into USA House.
- Oversee all purchasing and saving opportunities for operational needs (i.e., signage, gifting, office supplies, etc.). Partner with Finance and Legal teams on any RFP needs. Negotiate contract terms with all third-party vendors, including venues. Oversee contract administration into appropriate USOPC systems.
- For USOPC events with multiple stakeholder groups, lead the partnership effort to create and execute a collective vision. Lead the project management and consistent communication efforts for all parties, ensuring parties are appropriately involved in the planning and execution processes.
- Partner with various event owners, internal departments, and external vendors to ensure dates, roles, responsibilities, and cohesive planning are considered across the organization in advance of decision making. Ensure events are aligned with the USOPC’s strategic priorities and drive the organization’s mission.
- Collaborate with Events & Logistics team to execute all logistics for events and experiences, including but not limited to, ticketing, accommodations, transportation, shipping, athlete appearances, and Olympic and Paralympic sport experiences.
- Manage the publication, distribution, and maintenance of an updated annual calendar of events for the organization.
- Manage the assignment and delegation of events to Events & Logistics team members based on workload and experience, ensuring growth opportunities for staff.
- Provide supervision to team including hiring, mentoring, coaching, and motivating to maximize collective performance. Work with leaders in other departments to ensure staff is supporting business direction and vision of each event and gather performance feedback.
- Contribute to an atmosphere for outstanding teamwork through clear expectations and frequent communication. Provide fair and consistent feedback through individual meetings and annual performance reviews.
- Serve as a key member of the Events & Logistics leadership team. Contribute to overall strategic planning, including short- and long-term goals and key initiatives.
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be effective:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business, marketing, or sports administration
- 10+ years professional experience in event management and corporate sponsorship environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Here are some things that will make you super competitive for this role:
- Master’s degree preferred
- Significant event and hospitality management experience with budgets between $4M and $6M
Here's where you'll work:
- This is a hybrid role that will regularly work from both our Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters and remotely.
- Remote options may be considered
Here's some more information you need to know:
- Hiring Pay Range: $90,513 - $114,952 per year
- This is a full-time, exempt, position intended to work 40 hours per week.
- Bonus: This position will be eligible for the Annual Incentive Award Program at a 20% target. This program is subject to change or elimination by the USOPC at any time at its sole discretion.
- Benefits: This position will be eligible for USOPC benefits. You can view a summary here or download a pdf here.
- Effective November 1, 2021, the USOPC is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with the USOPC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, Team USA athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons. For more information, please visit https://www.teamusa.org/Coronavirus/Vaccine-Requirement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.