Account Executive, Partnerships - Sports Business Journal (Chicago · IL)
Job Title: Account Executive, Partnerships
- Goals – Account Executives should, at a minimum, meet their monthly and yearly quotas based on revenue growth, and should strive to exceed them.
- New Business Targets and Prospecting - Proactively contact new-to-company prospects to generate new streams of revenue. The Account Executive will need to quickly qualify genuine opportunities and move these to the next stage of the sales process or move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists. The AE should strive for at least 50% new business revenue each year to counter natural attrition of accounts.
- Pipeline building - Account Executive is expected to meet minimum activity levels to build a pipeline of business and ultimately closed contracts. The following should be performed weekly: 10+ calls or visits with a mix of new and existing accounts and generate 5+ customized proposals.
- Meeting Preparation/Client knowledge - Thoroughly research companies and individuals in advance of meetings, thinking through business goals and impediments to achieving those goals. Understand these business issues affecting specific prospects and/or industries and ensure that this knowledge is the foundation for our communication after the first call and beyond.
- Product Knowledge/Market Intelligence - Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of SBJ’s products and solutions and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the client. Account Executives are expected to read content produced by SBJ daily and stay informed of media industry trends as well as trends affecting client’s industries.
- Forecast - Manage sales pipeline and revenue forecast internally to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process as well as future new business revenue.
- Managing Prospect and Client Information - Keep accurate and clear records within SBJ database to provide a solid deal history that clearly shows the steps taken to reach each transaction and provides leads for editorial and new products.
- Communication and Teamwork - Account Executives should keep the National Sales Manager apprised of their schedules and developments with their accounts via Outlook and to work collaboratively with product and peers in sister Advance businesses to generate referrals.
- Work ethic and attitude - The Account Executive should be a fun and productive member of the revenue team and should give their all to the overall success of the SBJ business.
- Other: Account Executives should be prepared to assist with any other task or project required to support the team.
- Currently, the requirement for this role is to be in the Charlotte or Chicago office two days/week.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of business-to-business media sales experience, digital advertising and event sponsorship sales preferred.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships and consultative selling.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools, SalesForce, Pardot
Are you currently within driving distance to SBJ's offices in Chicago? Driving commute will be necessary, 2-3 days per week.
How many years of experience have you had in sponsorship/partnership sales?
If you are not within driving distance, if you are selected for this position, are you open to relocation to Chicago?