Data Analytics Fellow - United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) (Colorado Springs · CO · Open to Remote)
United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC) jobs
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs · CO · Open to Remote
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
Here's a summary of responsibilities:
Team USA is looking for a resourceful and trusted problem solver with exceptional attention to detail who effectively communicates analytical insights with accuracy and clarity. The Data Analytics Fellow will be working on a wide range of impactful analytics projects at the USOPC to help Team USA bring home the gold. The Fellowship is a temporary position with an expected duration of between 12 and 24 months.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Olympic & Paralympic Movement, a great work ethic, and value-efficient, high quality, logical solutions while being comfortable working both independently and as part of an innovative team. In this role, we want a quick learner with broad, general analytics capabilities and interests due to the wide range of project types and tasks for which our team is responsible.
Here's how you'll have an impact:
Data Management & Reporting (50%)
- Design and develop dashboards with the end-user experience in mind.
- Aggregate, clean, and implement new data sources with accuracy.
- Create verified, shared, and published data sources with documented variables and standardized calculations.
- Validate data sources by identifying inconsistencies through auditing for common issues.
- Implement processes that turn messy and unorganized data into standardized and reusable sources.
Modeling & Metrics (30%)
- Take an analytical approach to organizational problems.
- Utilize statistical modeling to create analysis tools and new insights.
- Make insights actionable and empower data-driven decision-making.
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing processes and create efficiencies.
Solution Developer & Adaptable Learner (20%)
- Assist Associate Data Analyst and Data Analysts in a range of priority areas such as survey design, analytical storytelling, and automated web scraping.
- Learn and apply hard skills (software, statistics, programming) on a project-by-project basis.
- Either know how to get a project done yourself or utilize someone who can.
- Promote knowledge sharing to improve data literacy across the organization.
- Communicate complex analyses and results in a straightforward and accessible way to all audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be effective:
- Bachelor’s degree with a preferred emphasis in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field
- Entry-level data management experience
- Knowledge and experience with clean and tidy data best practices
Here are some things that will make you super competitive for this role:
- 1+ years in data management, data visualization, or data analysis preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI) preferred
- Experience with a variety of statistical software (Excel, SQL, R, Python) preferred
- Experience with data collection, aggregation, and automated web scraping preferred
Here's where you'll work:
- This is a hybrid-based role that will regularly work both remotely and from our Colorado Springs Downtown Headquarters
Here's some more information you need to know:
- Hiring Pay Range: $20.50 - $26.02 per hour
- This is a full-time, non-exempt, temporary position intended to work 40 hours per week.
- This is a temporary position with an expected duration of between 12 and 24 months.
- Benefits: This position will be eligible for USOPC benefits. You can view a summary here or download a pdf here.
- Effective November 1, 2021, the USOPC is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with the USOPC's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, Team USA athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons. For more information, please visit https://www.teamusa.org/Coronavirus/Vaccine-Requirement
Yes/No: I have experience in SQL, Python, Regression Analysis