Assistant GM & Director Roles - By Invitation Only Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair - Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair
Minor League teams are well-known for their fun and creative cultures, where everyone rolls up their sleeves and does more than just what’s written on their job description. Now is your turn to “try out” and see if you have what it takes to join the team.
If are an experienced sports executive that is seeking a Manager/Director/Assistant GM role, we encourage you to apply and see if you make the cut!
To be considered for these roles and to meet with hiring managers, you must be part of the career fair. Upon acceptance into this career fair, all finalists will take part in the following events:
TeamWork Online Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair Event Details:
Monday, November 8th- 12 PM EST- 1:30 PM EST
- Prep Session with TeamWork Online Founder and President, Buffy Filippell. Learn "best practices" for networking, following up, and how to present yourself to employers.
- Team Presidents Panel - Learn from industry leaders about day to day operations while running an entire organization
- Steve Delay: Owner of Macon Bacon and Florence Flamingos
- Eric Edelstein: President of Reno Aces
- Vic Gregovits: President of Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Bob Hoffman - President of Tucson RoadRunners
- Amanda Powers - President of FC Tucson
- Moderator: Ryan Crelin - Commissioner, ECHL League Office
- Young Guns Panel - Hear from executives who were in school just a few years ago are on now the fast track to success in the minor leagues! - Featuring:
- Zander Atwood - Vice President of Sales - Lafayette Aviators
- Sam Fischer - Assistant GM - Asheville Tourists
- Kate Roth - Assistant GM - Lake County Captains
- Sophia Carbone - Director, Expansion Club Strategy - Digital Solutions - USL HQ
- Moderator: Max Weisenbach - Director, Team Business Services - AHL League Office
- Networking + Breakout rooms
- Marketing in the Minors Panel - Meet the people behind all the fun and learn about the creation of these unique fan experiences and promotions! - Featuring:
- Zack Frongillo - Director of Entertainment - Savannah Bananas
- Kara Heater - Marketing Director - Savannah Bananas
- Betsy Haugh - Director of Women’s Soccer Operations - USL HQ
- Lauren Muni - Senior Director Marketing - Jacksonville Icemen
- Christina Ferrante - VP of Marketing and Communication - Monterey Bay FC
- Diversity & Inclusion Panel - Discussion on initiatives to become a more inclusive and diverse league while changing the face of the sports industry. - Featuring:
- Marcus Myrick - Sr. Director, Club Services - USL League Office
- Jordan Mirabile - Senior Director, Administration and Culture - Indy Eleven
- Rachel Bukszar , Vice President, People - USL
- Moderator: Philicia Douglas - Director of Sales - Birmingham Squadron
- Networking + Breakout rooms
How to Apply:
To be considered for these roles and to meet with hiring managers, you must be part of the career fair.
- Click Apply Now and log into your TeamWork Online account. If you do not have an account, please click Sign Up in order to create your profile.
- Make sure you have included a current and professional profile picture, and have filled out your profile completely - headline, LinkedIn profile, education, experience, clubs (list the sports you’ve done in high school) etc.
- Your headline should include: 1) Your graduation year and university/program you attend, 2) HS/College Athlete, and 3) Organizations you have worked for and 2 skills you have done/want to do again. (Example: 2021 Temple University, Sport & Recreation Management, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Wings Lacrosse, Community Relations, Events, Sales)
- In the Cover Letter section, please briefly describe yourself and why you are right for a position in minor league sports.
- We will let you know if you have qualified to be invited to the career fair on or before November 1, 2021.
*Example of a Minor League Senior Level Job Description 2022*
This position is an integral member of the senior management team and reports directly to the General Manager. The ideal candidate will have proven high-level sales experience in the sports industry, media or agency sales. He/She must be able to effectively network with marketing leaders at top companies as well as build relationships with media agencies who manage the advertising budgets for local and regional companies. This role will require someone who knows how to research, listen, create and communicate to potential partners how their team can help their company meet its strategic goals.
Common Duties/Responsibilities of a Senior Level Minor League Baseball Sports Role.
- Member of executive team and integral part of organizational decisions and strategic growth.
- Oversee the operations team to ensure successful completion of yearly stadium projects including construction and stadium advertising install process.
- Evaluate policies, procedures, protocols and recommend improvements for the facility and/or the efficiency and safety of operations and events.
- Develop and execute a strategic corporate partnerships aimed at delivering growth in accordance with company goals.
- Generate new and incremental business for the team such as services for sponsorship, promotions, and corporate hospitality.
- Help increase ticket revenue through new business and retention strategies
- Actively seek, develop and implement sponsorship partnerships by developing deep working relationship with key sponsors in order to achieve company goals.
- Background experience in a sports, ticket sales, media or agency sales environment.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to recruit, coach, mentor and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Successful track record in generating new and incremental business for services such as sponsorship, promotions, and corporate hospitality.
- Experience overseeing an operations team and managing large-scale facility projects.
- Strong cross-functional project management and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic corporate partnerships aimed at delivering growth in accordance with company goals.
- Skilled at building strong working relationships and maintaining effective interactions with a variety of stakeholders.
Please provide a full name and email address of a professional reference for us to contact.
How many years of supervisory leadership do you have?
Are you able to relocate if chosen for a role?
What month are you available to start working?