Director Merchandising & Licensing with PRCA Properties in Colorado Springs · CO
PRCA Properties jobs
Sports Jobs in Colorado Springs · CO
Retail/Licensing: Licensing Sales/Marketing
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, The Director of Merchandising and Licensing will be responsible for growing and managing the sales of PRCA's merchandise and licensed products. Additionally, he/she will strengthen the PRCA brand by promoting the commercial image and reputation, finding new national retail vendors and e-commerce opportunities to place branded products, develop and implement marketing objectives and strategies all while protecting our marks.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiating and managing licensing agreements with manufacturers and distributors of products bearing official marks,
- Developing retail promotions to stimulate sell-through of products, and operating any off-site and on-site retail stores.
- Develop, coordinate and implement branded licensing for PRCA Properties including directing and developing licensing business initiatives and strategies and e-commerce.
- Coordinate the use of the marks for internal constituencies with Brand Manager including monitoring policies, design review and approval.
- Manage consistent communications with licensing agents, active licensees, potential licensees, and others regarding programs and processes.
- Review licensee renewals and licensing requests to determine (among other specifications) uniqueness of product, distribution capabilities, program relevance, potential contribution/commitment to the program.
- Assist, collaborate and coordinate with Vice President of Business Development and regularly review and update the objectives of the licensing program to assure consistency with strategic direction of PRCA.
- Manage the licensing and sales website, track litigation activities, coordinate licensed product marketing and social media activation programs and help promote licensing and brand standards with internal and external constituents.
- Track retail market trends, attend tradeshows and execute national merchandise sales and review of counterfeit products and licensee compliance.
- Coordinate and communicate with rodeo committees, sponsors, and other constituents regarding trademark licensing policies and product acquisition options. Participate in developing, articulating and updating licensing strategies for effectively addressing the needs and opportunities in the marketplace. Monitor the market to identify new product, service and promotional opportunities.
- Other related functions as assigned.
- Strong industry contacts in licensing, merchandising and retail
- Min. 3 years of experience in business development, brand marketing or licensing program management
- Proven track record in negotiation and execution of licensing deals in a variety of product categories
- Experience with manufacturer and retailer presentations
- Mental dexterity with royalty/financial reports, licensing contracts and other business documentation would be advantageous, as well as experience designing and finishing polished presentations/marketing collateral
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Strong decision-making skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial documents. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Ability to respond appropriately to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
- Proficient business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the company.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to schedule travel arrangements accurately.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understands and meets performance standards.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge of industry.
- Experience in working with large teams with multiple locations and infrastructure.
- Experience in high-level relationships building and negotiating.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSES
Working conditions: Works in office environment and occasionally travels for sponsor meetings and conventions out of state.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, walk and stand. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with some occasional weekends and evenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you willing to move to Colorado? Yes or No
What are your compensation needs?