Midwest Account Director with Sports Business Journal (SBJ) in Chicago · IL
- Goals - Directors should, at a minimum, meet their monthly and yearly quotas based on revenue growth, and should strive to exceed them.
- New Business Targets and Prospecting - Proactively contact new-to-company prospects to generate new streams of revenue. The Account Director will need to quickly qualify genuine opportunities and move these to the next stage of the sales process or move on in cases where no worthwhile opportunity exists. Account Directors should strive for at least 30% new business revenue each year to counter natural attrition of accounts.
- Pipeline building - Account Director is expected to meet minimum activity levels to build a pipeline of business and ultimately closed contracts. The following should be performed weekly: 15+ calls or visits with a mix of new and existing accounts and generate 5+ customized proposals.
- Meeting Preparation/Client knowledge – Through the use of internal (SportsAtlas) and external systems, thoroughly research companies and individuals in advance of meetings, thinking through business goals and impediments to achieving those goals. Understand these business issues affecting specific prospects and/or industries and ensure that this knowledge is the foundation for our communication after the first call and beyond.
- Product Knowledge/Market Intelligence - Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of SBJ’s products and solutions and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the client. Account Directors are expected to read content produced by SBJ daily and stay informed of media industry trends as well as trends affecting client’s industries.
- Forecast - Manage sales pipeline through Salesforce and forecast revenue internally to ensure accurate recording of prospecting activity, conversion success, and active sales opportunities at each stage of the sales process as well as future new business revenue.
- Managing Prospect and Client Information - Keep accurate and clear records within SBJ database to provide a solid deal history that clearly shows the steps taken to reach each transaction and provides leads for editorial and new products.
- Communication and Teamwork - Account Directors should keep the National Sales Manager apprised weekly of their schedules and developments with their accounts via Outlook and to work collaboratively with product and peers in sister Advance businesses to generate referrals.
- Work ethic and attitude - The Account Director should be a fun and productive member of the revenue team and should give their all to the overall success of the SBJ business.
- Other: Account Directors should be prepared to assist with any other task or project required to support the team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of business-to-business sales experience, preferably in multi-media and event sponsorship sales, with digital components.
- 3+ years of experience within the sports industry.
- Experience bundling a publisher’s assets to create marketing programs that delight clients, preferred.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of creative, long-term strategic relationships and consultative selling.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools.
How did you hear about this job?
List a three recent corporate sponsorship new deals and the size of these in the last 2 years
Yes/No: Have you negotiated multi-media deals including sponsorships and media?
Please fill in a cover letter and address why you are right for this job now.