Controller with West Coast Football Team in
West Coast Football Team jobs
Accounting and Finance: Controller/Director of Finance
Reporting to and under the direction of the CFO, position will be responsible for managing accounting and office duties for the food and beverage (f&b) division, currently 5 locations and growing. The controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of timely periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. The position is also responsible for cash management and risk management.
- Continuously collaborate with other departments’ leadership to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish accounting and administrative systems to support general business operations and manage costs relative to sales.
- Development and leadership of Staff Accountant
- Assist in coordinating ERP and related upgrades
- Assist in coordinating ERP internal and external helpdesk needs with team
- Manage and maintain accounts payable invoices and coding for all companies managed
- Manage and maintain Corporate Credit Card submissions for all companies managed
- Manage and maintain all payment methods for all companies managed
- Initial review of sales tax reports for all companies
- File sales tax forms and pay for all f&b locations, estimates and monthly
- Manage and maintain accounts receivable invoices and coding for all companies managed
- Manage and maintain cash receipts and bank transactions for all companies managed
- Manage and maintain journal entries for all companies managed
- Financial Reporting for f&b divisions (includes 5 currently and growing)
- Audit: Point of contact (POC) for Revenue Audit(s) and Financial Audit (Consolidated)
- Budget Preparation for all f&b divisions
- Banking Duties
- Open / Close Bank Accounts as requested
- POC for Bankers on f&b divisions
- Monitor Balances, Fraud Filter
- One role allowed for all company wires: Review, Initiate or Approve
- Manage and maintain ERP recorder completion
- Open and close of periods in ERP for close process
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner within 10 days of month-end and 20 days of year-end
- Administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with the other departments’ leadership
- Prepare and review financial statements
- Accounting Special Projects
Assist the CFO with "as needed" projects, including generation of ad hoc reports and requests, and assist as needed on special reporting.
Ideal candidate must be organized and have a strong concept of general accounting processes and practices. Specific required skills include proficiency in Excel and Outlook. Beneficial skills include experience with Great Plains (Microsoft Dynamics), Concur, as well as general processing for a multi-company environment. Candidate must also possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate must have 3 to 5 years’ experience with office/accounting functions within a team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What is your desired salary range?
Do you have accounting experience in the Food & Beverage industry?