Assistant Director of Digital Communications and Social Media with American Athletic Conference in Providence, RI
American Athletic Conference jobs
Sports Jobs in Providence, RI
The American Athletic Conference is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Director of Digital Communications and Social Media. The individual will serve as a member of the Conference’s communications, digital and external relations team. The position reports directly to the Associate Commissioner for Communications and External Relations.
THE ROLE AND CANDIDATE PROFILE:
The successful candidate must have a combination of bachelor’s degree, practical experience and demonstrated skills in social media, content creation, athletics communications or a related field. Knowledge of graphic and web design, significant experience using Adobe Creative Suite is required; CSS and HTML coding are also preferred. Experience working within an athletic department or conference office at the collegiate level is also preferred. He or she should have strong organizational, writing and communications skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail. Night and weekend work will be required.
The individual must have the ability to work well with a variety of constituents, including conference staff and administrators and staff at member institutions.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The assistant director of digital communications and social media administers the daily operation of the Conference’s website (www.TheAmerican.org) and social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. The individual also coordinates the distribution of video across all social media channels and will be asked to create engaging video content. Specific responsibilities and duties are as follows:
- Create, edit, publish and share daily content that brands The American and builds meaningful connections to fans
- Execute social media campaigns, including management, monitoring, content creation and promotion
- Ensure consistent style, quality and format of web and social media content
- Monitor and troubleshoot any issues on TheAmerican.org with the Conference’s website partner(s) under the direction of the assistant commissioner for communications
- Collaborate with the director of creative design and services to ensure that branding and style requirements are met in creation of all graphics
- Coordinate with digital media team to build content plans and ensure consistency between digital and social platforms
- Produce multimedia content with a focus on creating unique content for audience engagement under the supervision of the director of digital media
- Interpret best practices with regard to social media standards and be aware of current trends in digital media and communications technology
- Investigate and evaluate emerging technologies and platforms and craft implementation strategies as appropriate
- Serve as a liaison with member institutions and with media, marketing, television and other partners for digital and social coverage of The American
- Capture appropriate social data/metrics, insight and best practices and provide weekly analytical documents and catalog video, social and web analytics
- Assist in fulfilling sponsorship agreements on social media platforms and website
- Provide on-site digital and social media coverage of select conference championships and media day events
- Assist with other Conference-related functions as assigned
The application deadline is September 10, 2019.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes participation in the conference’s employee benefit plan.
The conference office is currently located in Providence, Rhode Island, and will relocate to Dallas, Texas, in the spring of 2020. Applicants should be fully aware of this when submitting their materials.
The American Athletic Conference is an equal opportunity employer. The Conference does not discriminate against applicants for employment on the basis of their membership in any protected class under federal or state law.
THE AMERICAN ATHLETIC CONFERENCE:
The American Athletic Conference (The American), a member of the NCAA, was reconstituted in 2013. With the conference office in Providence, Rhode Island, The American is comprised of the following institutions: UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, Navy (in football only), USF, SMU, Temple, Tulane and Tulsa. Wichita State (basketball and Olympic sports) joined the Conference on July 1, 2017. Under the leadership of Commissioner Mike Aresco, The American sponsors 22 championships – 10 for men and 12 for women; is a member of the College Football Playoff; began new television partnerships with ESPN and CBS Sports in 2013-14; and has a marketing partnership with Learfield. For more information, please visit www.TheAmerican.org
Questions – ask Buffy@teamworkonline.com
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: I understand that the job will be first based in Providence, Rhode Island and then moved to Dallas, Texas next July and amenable to that move