Director of Business Development with Sports Management Network in Troy, MI
Sports Management Network jobs
Sports Jobs in Troy, MI
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
Sports Management Network, Inc. (SMN), a leading sports and entertainment management and marketing firm with a particular focus on motorsports, is seeking a business and partnership development professional to join its sponsorship sales team.
Based from SMN’s Troy, Michigan headquarters, the primary function of the sales role will be revenue generation through corporate sponsorships in NASCAR, IndyCar, IMSA Sportscar, Formula E, Australian Supercars, and other professional series or the firm’s blue chip team and property clients, as well as endorsements, personal service agreements, licensing and other revenue generating programs for SMN’s individual driver clients. This includes developing highly customized solutions that blend business and marketing benefits for the prospective corporate partner in the areas of business-to-business alliances and business-to-consumer facing programs.
The role will be results focused and involves all phases of the sales process, including collaborating with SMN’s sales, research and creative teams. A combination of business acumen, enthusiasm and marketing knowledge, along with a creative entrepreneurial spirit, will be key to success for the role. Compensation package, commensurate with experience and abilities, includes base salary plus performance incentives and benefits.
The ideal candidate has:
- At least five (5) years of total sports sponsorship sales experience with at least three (3) years of sponsorship sales experience in the motorsports space
- The ability to continually cultivate new ideas
- A proven track record of successful sales on a national basis across programs ranging from the mid-five figures and higher
- Established both business-to-business focused and business-to-consumer focused programs
- Existing relationships with and knowledge of key stakeholders in the motorsports space including sanctioning bodies, teams, drivers, corporate sponsors, and advertising, marketing and activation firms and agencies
- Willingness to travel, including on weekends for race events
- The ability to relocate to the Detroit, Michigan area (if not already local)
How did you hear about this job?
Describe some of your last sponsorship deals in the last 12 months