Business Development Representative with Dover Motorsports in Dover · DE
Dover Motorsports jobs
Sports Jobs in Dover · DE
Sponsorship Sales & Activation: Corporate Sponsorship Sales
- Business development for the company:
- Cold calling decision makers with the goal of securing an appointment for the team
- Designing and composing sales presentations
- Conducting and analyzing related market research
- Closing new business
- Arranges appointments, networks, and prospects for new business opportunities.
- Executes extensive cold calling via phone and e-mail.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the NASCAR/motorsports industry.
- Researches industry trends within NASCAR/motorsports including new categories, sponsors, teams, agencies, driver changes, etc…
- Researches various non-NASCAR sports trends including promotions, categories, and strategies
- Effectively composes sales presentations under short deadlines, primarily via PowerPoint.
- Maintains an organized, accurate record of all current and perspective customers/clients, along with event mailing lists.
- Maintains an organized, accurate weekly record of all sales activities such as call volume, appointments, pending leads, etc…
- Participates in all major events, special events, and other events as needed.
- Assists with all event responsibilities regarding race day operations.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Works safely, complying with all established safety rules and regulations.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and guests.
- Follows all relevant policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Marketing or related field required.
- 3-5 years of sales experience required, with documented track record of delivering results.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (some travel required).
- Must possess proven organizational skills.
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to set and achieve high standards of performance.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player, willing to contribute to the benefit of the entire team.
- Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as needed
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Must present an overall professional appearance and report to work in appropriate attire.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Accountable to: Director – Business Development
- Accountable for: N/A
Dover International Speedway, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?