IMG Events is seeking a Sponsorship Sales Manager to help launch IMG’s annual World Rallycross (World RX) of the USA event at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas. This is IMG Events' North American motorsports debut with the opportunity to drive sponsorship revenue for additional World RX events in the Americas as they are established.
You will be charged with creating the World Rallycross sponsorships strategy - developing a targeted and disciplined sales approach to engage potential sponsors. You should be a motorsports enthusiast as well as an energetic and positive sales professional, excited at the prospect of building and launching this first-of-its-kind event in the United States.
This role is based in New York, NY.
· Deliver a world class World RX event at COTA, and other World RX events in the Americas as and when they are added to the World RX calendar.
· Secure sponsorship revenue by engaging existing relationships and by creating new opportunities.
· Maintain, develop and manage a sales database including keeping records of key contacts and sales communications.
· Work with Senior Vice President, Motorsports and Vice President, Rallycross to explore potential venues in the Americas.
· Manage the Consumer Marketing Manager in order to drive attendance and satisfy sponsors.
· Manage the Operations Manager to ensure the Operational (non-sporting) side of the event is delivered to a world class standard.
· To liaise with the Senior Vice President, Motorsports and Vice President, Rallycross in London on a daily basis.
· To work closely with the IMG Motorsports team and other internal departments (such as the global sales resources) within IMG.
· Mentor, motivate and coach other staff where necessary.
· Maintain a ‘can do’ and positive attitude at all times and be pro-active with finding solutions for a wide range of issues and problems.
· Attend and canvas competitor events.
· Passion for motorsports - curious and knowledgeable about the industry, events, partners, and talent
· Amazing wins - you can point to the doors you've opened and significant deals you are proud of closing
· Great network of relationships at impressive brands and agencies - people call you back and reply to your emails
· Disciplined and strategic sales process - you are focused and diligent with a practiced methodology
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.