The Retail Manager’s role is to run a store successfully. Working on the shop floor, in constant contact with their customers and staff. Responsible for ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
· managing budgets
· maintaining statistical and financial records
· dealing with customer queries and complaints
· overseeing pricing and stock control
· maximizing profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
· ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
· preparing promotional materials and displays
· liaising with head office
Key skills for retail managers
· Excellent IT skills
· Numerical skills
· Verbal communication skills
· Teamwork skills
· Organizational skills
· Commercial awareness
· Two years retail management experience.
· Effective communication skills, able to listen and exchange information.
· Excellent customer service skills, able to demonstrate behaviors that enhance the level of customer satisfaction and meet customer expectations.
· Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
· Experience working within a museum, theater, or cultural institution. General management in theme park, resort or other hospitality sectors will be considered.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and various database software.
· The ability to both think strategically but be willing to be a “roll-up-your-sleeves” manager.
· The ability to interact will all levels from hourly labor to museum CEOs and other C-Suite positions.
· Bilingual or multilingual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.