The 2019 Miami Open presented by Itaú is currently accepting applications for media center volunteers. Volunteers will gain experience working with local, national, and international media members and alongside a professional media operations staff. Volunteers will get to experience multiple aspects of media operations throughout the tournament from March 15 through March 31.
Media Center Volunteers
Volunteers assist staff in the execution of tournament media operations. They compile event information in print and electronically, while also maintaining a professional work environment for media.
- Facilitate the availability and distribution of printed press materials (releases, statistics, transcripts, and schedules)
- Operation of Welcome Desk telephone and radio communications
- Assist with autograph sessions and press conferences
- Assist with media credential distribution and credential help desk operations
- Assist media with access to assigned match seating and process requests for locker rental
- Direct media to appropriate work-space assignment and notify staff of any issues
- Miscellaneous media and staff requests
- Official Miami Open Apparel (2 Lacoste shirts and 1 jacket)
- Meals provided while working
- Academic Credit Available
- Access to watch world-class tennis
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.