Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent customer service as the primary point of contact for the exhibition by welcoming visitors, responding to inquiries, providing general exhibition information, providing operational back-up and solving problems.
· Serve as the direct supervisor of the Assistant General Manager, Audio Tour Manager, and Retail Shop Manager and potentially other subcontractors or revenue centers. Lead by example in providing the best visitor experience.
· Manage front-line and operational staff to ensure the exhibition runs efficiently, maximizing ticket sales.
· Suggest, implement, and manage operational changes to improve the visitor experience. Work closely with Museum security and guest services management to establish and maintain efficient exhibit flow and on-site security function, including ticket pricing and time ticket adjustments.
· Communicate with presenting museum and exhibition staff to ensure daily operations are fulfilled and to address any unexpected situations through personal interaction and/or email communication, if necessary. Escalate situations to upper-management, as needed.
· Monitor and address visitor behavior to ensure the safest and best possible visitor experience while ensuring safety and security of museum assets. Understand and keep current on all emergency procedures.
· Ensure the safety and security of all artifacts. Conduct daily inventory and environmental records. Report to lenders and upper management, as required and necessitated.
· Serve as the main on-site contact for exhibition couriers.
· Communicate with Production Project Managers to ensure seamless turnovers from one venue to the next.
· Keep abreast of exhibition maintenance, providing proactive recommendations for service and remediation, as needed. Work closely with venue facility management to schedule cleaning and building maintenance, as needed.
· Manage and report all metrics as needed, including ticket reports, daily sales, etc.
· Provide VIP tours and press interviews, as needed.
· Competitive salary, including housing stipend and per diem.
· Identified reimbursable expenses, including travel.
Why you should consider applying:
· You will work in some of the most prestigious museums throughout the world
· You get to live and work in amazing cities -- and get paid to move every six months for the next five years!
· You will be responsible for the most high-profile exhibition launching in 2018.
· From collections care to VIP tours to providing exemplary visitor experiences, no work day will ever be the same!
· Four-year college degree. Liberal arts, business, or hospitality a plus.
· Five years of directly managing front-line staff in a fast-paced environment.
· Effective communication skills, able to listen and exchange information.
· Excellent customer service skills, able to demonstrate behaviors that enhance the level of customer satisfaction and meet customer expectations.
· Five years of P&L management with budgeting responsibilities
· Cultural competency and experience working with diverse communities.
· Experience working within a museum, theater, or cultural institution. General management in theme park, resort or other hospitality sectors will be considered.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office and various database software.
· The ability to both think strategically but be willing to be a “roll-up-your-sleeves” manager.
· The ability to interact will all levels from hourly labor to museum CEOs and other C-Suite positions.
· Bilingual or multilingual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.