This position is housed within the IMG Golf Event group. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the growth and development of the ANA Inspiration in collaboration with all stakeholders including the LPGA, ANA, host facilities, broadcast partners and IMG.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for the tournament
- Develop meaningful relationships with title sponsor, host venue, local sponsor representatives, local media, corporate community, government/civic entities, and other community based steering committees and other organizations
- Interfaces with community leaders to foster the overall impression and perception for the event within the community.
- In cooperation with the Sales Manager, develop an annual revenue plan for non-title revenue and is responsible for generating all event revenues.
- In cooperation with IMG Golf Events leadership and local tournament team, develop an annual marketing plan to include advertising, promotions, public relations and community engagement to enhance tournament awareness and perception.
- Oversees and manages the operational requirements for the event.
- Manages the day to day operations of the tournament office.
- Develop and encourage staff to pursue new tasks and challenges related to overall departmental goals and objectives.
- Contribute departmental operations, including staffing, budget management/cost containment, and internal communication.
- Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- 5+ years’ work experience in the event management and /or related fields
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within deadlines
- Candidates must have professional presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and to solve problems effectively
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Ability to travel including weekends and holidays, and work non-traditional work hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.