The Miami Open is looking for an energetic, organized and detail-oriented individual to serve as Website Writer for one of the most prestigious tennis events in the world. The writer will report to the Web Editor and will work to provide content for the Miami Open website.
The 2020 Miami Open will be played March 23-April 5 at Hard Rock Stadium. The combined event is owned and operated by IMG. The Miami Open is one of nine ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events on the ATP calendar, a Premier Mandatory event on the WTA Tour calendar, and features the top men's and women's tennis players in the world.
- Working with the tournament’s Web Editor to provide fresh and interesting content for the tournament’s website
- Writing post match recaps with player quotes
- Writing tournament event feature stories
- Writing player feature stories
- Other writing duties as assigned
- College degree or current college student
- Experience writing sporting event recaps and feature stories
- Patient, organized and self motivated
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple writing assignments
- Experience with Microsoft Word
Start-End Dates: March 18-April 6, 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.