The Miami Open is looking for several organized and detail-oriented individuals to serve as Media Welcome Desk Assistants for the 2020 tournament. The assistants will report to the Press Facilities Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the tournament’s media operations.
The 2020 Miami Open will be played March 23-April 5 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL. The combined event is owned and operated by IMG. The Miami Open is one of nine ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events on the ATP calendar, a Premier Mandatory event on the WTA Tour calendar, and features the top men's and women's tennis players in the world.
- Assist media with check-in and set-up
- Respond to phone inquiries for media information
- Morning clip pack production and distribution
- Coordinate post match press conferences
- Collection and filing of match statistics and press conference transcripts
- Distribution of tournament information including match statistics, press conference transcripts, daily schedule and press releases.
- Assist with management of media ticket program
- Assist with player appearances when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or current college student
- Public Relations experience preferred
- Knowledge of tennis a plus but not required
- Patient, organized and self motivated
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Available to work long hours and weekends
Start-End Dates: March 20 - April 6, 2020
Compensation: $10 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.