We are currently looking for an Associate Account Executive with 2-3 years of consumer public relations experience to continue to help grow our award-wining agency. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Demonstrate a proven track record of successfully pitching local/regional/national media, across business and consumer lifestyle verticals. Pitching experience with travel/hospitality, food/beverage, sports, health and wellness, and entertainment are also relevant.
- Create/manage media lists and develop media relationships to generate media placements on behalf of brands.
- Assist in staffing major media events, spokesperson media tours and deskside tours.
- Work with AC-SAE staff on various assignments, facilitating teamwork through productive and efficient internal communication.
- Lead drafting of a weekly status agenda and action items for clients.
- Actively participate and contribute to the development of account programs, plans and ideas and participate regularly in client meetings.
- Engage directly with clients, building an understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and competitive environments.
- Demonstrate understanding for industry’s digital tools/platforms (e.g. Cision) and fluency with social media channels.
- Monitor and report program results to account managers and client.
· Help draft media materials including pitches, press releases, media alerts, FAQs, messaging docs, pitches, media audits, overall brand campaign and activation recommendations, etc.
· Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
· Administrative tasks for client activations including booking travel/venues, working with vendors, coordinating product shipments and other similar tasks.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field.
- Two to three years of experience in public relations or similar position in a non-agency setting.
- Interest in and knowledge of pop culture, sports and/or entertainment.
- Strong attention to detail including above average usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of contemporary business procedures, computer functions (Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and phone etiquette.
- Strong interest in the Public Relations-field and consumer/brand marketing.
o Communicate effectively and professionally in all written and verbal reports, cultivate and exhibit strong organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
o Strong time management skills and ability to handle a high-volume work load across multiple accounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.