In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The General Manager (GM) of UFC APEX will actively promote UFC APEX to maximize venue utilization and drive revenue. This individual will establish and maintain an expansive network of prospective clients and prospective third parties to initiate sales efforts. The GM is responsible for presenting the UFC APEX to clients as a destination of choice for events, productions, and conventions across entertainment, music, sports and beyond. The GM will be expected to develop client lists of target businesses and events that will meet or exceed economic goals and objectives while building overall venue and destination awareness.
The GM will also be responsible for the overall management, promotion, and operations of the facility. In addition to overseeing daily operations of the venue, the GM Other primary duties include purchasing, booking, marketing, finance, box office, food & beverage, security, parking, production, maintenance, and other related venue operations.
UFC APEX is a state-of-the-art event and production facility that can be configured to host a variety of live events, including sporting competitions, concerts, e-sports tournaments, and can be transformed into a sound stage for commercial shoots and used as a rehearsal space for entertainment acts. The venue is equipped with 4K capable, IP based Broadcast Operations Center (BOC) that includes three production control rooms, two audio control rooms, and the ability to produce multi-camera live events and studio shows. The facility measures 130,000 square feet, with more than 50,000 square feet of production space and capacity for 1,000 guests, and over 70,000 square feet of office space.
- Establishes and maintains an expansive network of prospective clients and contacts prospective third parties to initiate sales efforts; follows-up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Conducts site visits for prospective customers.
- Secures venue bookings from 3rd parties to host events, production shoots, and other commercial opportunities at UFC APEX.
- Negotiates lease agreements and provides final approval of all contracts and agreements with suppliers, vendors, and promoters for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Oversees and directs the development of annual operating calendars, activity schedules, and revenue projections for UFC APEX.
- Prepares, implements and monitors a detailed program budget and oversees cost accounting required of assigned events to include facility rental, box office fees, house equipment rentals, supplies and services purchased, and other related costs.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative working relationships with key internal stakeholders, government agencies, community & civic organizations, and members within the entertainment and convention industry to encourage continual and regular use of the facilities.
- Directly supervises a team of Managers, Coordinators, and Assistants who support the overall operation of UFC APEX.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities and personnel engaged in the operation and maintenance of the facility, including broadcast operations center and sound stages.
- Directs the day-to-day operations at UFC APEX, ensuring proper coordination of plans, programs, and events, and manages internal workflow. Coordinates and oversees the installation, preparation, maintenance, removal and conversion of all staging and equipment for all event areas.
- Assumes management responsibility for all services and activities involved in the operations of the facility including event set-up and tear down, load-in/load-out, changeovers, building maintenance and housekeeping.
- Oversees the coordination, implementation, and administration of facility initiatives to drive corporate directives including training & development, energy efficiency, health & safety, emergency procedures, crisis management, crowd control, or other areas as identified.
- Works closely with concession partner(s) to design strategies and implementation of food and beverage program, including general concessions and catering options for both public and private events.
- Conducts post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates venue staff and third-party vendors.
- Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Public Administration, or a related field.
- 5-7 years of senior management experience within an arena, stadium, convention center, theatre or similar with focus on business development.
- Demonstrated ability to book live entertainment and considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, live event production, broadcast operations and event planning.
- Knowledge of event operations, broadcast operations, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event-related services.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles and practices used in successful management of entertainment facilities of a similar description.
- Solid understanding of and ability to implement and enforce safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Strong orientation towards hospitality and customer service for the meeting, convention, sports and entertainment industry.
- Knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management.
- Strong leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively manage performance, give and receive constructive feedback, and motivate team members.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment under significant pressure with tight deadlines.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours and weekdays.
- Highly adaptable and able to manage competing demands, frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability. Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information.
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.