Position Title: Membership Programs & Operations Manager
REPORTING TO: Senior Director, Membership & Safe Sport Compliance
LOCATION: Irvine, CA
SCOPE OF POSITION
Membership Programs and Operations Manager will manage and oversee membership acquisition, development, and services for USA Water Polo. Charged with working independently and in collaboration with Senior Director of Membership & Safe Sport Compliance to initiate sport growth strategies, program organization, communication management, and maximization of customer service levels. Manager will work with all departments of USA Water Polo and external groups including clubs, administrators, zone chairs, and committees. Manager strives to provide excellent professional, high-level customer service within the organization. Strong team management skills, project management, and interpersonal skills are required. ____________________________________________________________________________
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and implement new strategies and programs for membership growth and retention.
- Create opportunities for member benefits to enhance USA Water Polo’s Value proposition.
- Oversee all aspects of the member registration and renewal process
- Responsible for management, maintenance and system improvements of USA Water Polo membership database
- Administer and oversee customer service program to maximize member retention and customer satisfaction achieving best in class service levels.
- Responsible for timely and regular membership outreach and communication efforts to inform, engage and survey members.
- Develop club communication strategies and processes to engage club members and streamline communication efforts.
- Support/Assist with management of member safety requirements and policies, including SafeSport, Background Screening, CPR and First Aid, etc.
- Utilize database to generate membership reports and analysis to respond to growing trends or new program initiatives.
- Oversee and execute membership recognition programs and events and execute event planning timelines, (Hall Of Fame, National Awards, Gala, Academic All-American, etc.)
- Exhibit creativity and ability to troubleshoot in response to system and member concerns and inquiries.
- Oversee the club member insurance program, working with USA Water Polo insurance broker to manage and effectively report member claims.
- Create sport development outreach and activation opportunities through Splashball and other member programs to multi-sport organizations, ex: YMCA, BGC, Parks & Rec, etc.
- Assist during USAWP events in various capacities
- Manage Membership Services Associate and seasonal internship program.
- Overall membership growth and new member program development
- Effective improvements to CRM tool and database systems
- Demonstrated project management from conception to completion
- Develop service tool for response and resolution of inquiries
- Work is planned, communicated and organized within stated deadlines
- Effective flow and timely distribution of information to general membership
- Resources are managed wisely and within budget
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Sports Management, Marketing (or related field) or equivalent experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience; sports management experience a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in a customer service capacity to establish and cultivate relationships with our diverse membership
- Proven track record in business development and project management, with an emphasis on membership and program development history
- Working experience with membership industry database applications or CRM
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Team player: with the ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize to effectively meet deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of youth sports marketplace.
- Ability to think creatively and use best judgment to solve problems and serve members.
- Proactive and takes initiative with attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office Apps, Google, etc.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.