Title of Position: Intern - Marketing
Internship Date: Summer 2021
10-20 hours a week, with availability for additional hours for events (possibly evening/weekend), based upon the candidate’s academic schedule and the scheduling needs of the Marketing department
USA Water Polo has a temporary assignment that provides training for the benefit of students interested in Olympic and youth sports, brand and partnership marketing.
- Assist in aspects in planning and execution of Junior Olympics
- Help in partner prospecting, research projects and partner fulfillment
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from sponsorship activations
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Proof of current enrollment in a Bachelor’s program as a junior or senior OR Master’s program
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Complete availability to work Junior Olympics, July 16-25
Candidate should possess
- Their own laptop with Microsoft Suite
- Own transportation and living arrangements
- Interest in Olympic and youth sports, brand and partnership marketing
- Willingness to work for course credit only
- Comfortable with meeting and interacting with individuals and groups
- Working knowledge of email & calendaring
- Strong organization/multi-tasking skills and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to be a self-starter, proactive and flexible
- Willingness to help as needed and be a team player
About USA Water Polo, Inc.
USA Water Polo Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation that serves as that national governing body for the sport of water polo in the United States under the authority of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.