Organization: USA Water Polo, Inc.
Title of Position: Events Intern
Positions Available: Non-paid internship; course credit available
Internship Dates: Ongoing
Work Schedule: Up to 20 hours per week, must be able to work the required events outlined below. This position will be part remote/part in-office or on-site at events.
USA Water Polo internships provide training for the benefit of students interested in Olympic sports and non-profit sports management and administration. Interns may receive college credit; as these are unpaid positions.
Candidate should possess:
- Own transportation & living arrangements
- Own computer with ability to video chat for remote work
- Willingness to work for class credit only - non-paying internship
- Willingness to help out with event-related tasks; sometimes physical or laborious
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Strong organization/multi-tasking skills and detail-oriented mindset
- Ability to be a self-starter--proactive and flexible
Responsibilities to include:
- Support of Events Department with various projects.
- Assist with inquiries regarding USAWP events, programs, services, and online support
- Administrative duties (filing, organizing, copying, data entry, etc.)
- Assist with on-site event set up for weekend events
- On-site assistance at various events
Required Weekend Events:
- Senior National Championships, July 9-11th
- Junior Olympics, Orange County, CA – July 16-25th
- Masters National Championship, Riverside, CA – August TBD
* Background in membership, non-profit work, sports administration & communications a plus! Availability for weekend events and willingness to travel outside of Orange County preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.