At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has also been listed No. 2 in the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Top 10 National Sports Associations for 2020. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The Team USA Intern will assist the Team USA Manager in supporting the Team USA Age Group Program, which makes up about 1,700 athletes. Duties will include, but not limited to, assisting in the qualification process of athletes after National Championships, communicate with athletes via email and phone, prepare items surrounding 5 World Championships, and provide support around the merchandise program. The intern will work heavily in excel and attention to detail will be key.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Team USA Intern:
- Assist in day-to-day management of Team USA program
- Assist in Team USA slot allocation process
- Requires experience and proficiency in excel
- Will post current slot allocation by event along with waitlist spots on Team USA website
- Team USA Hubspot Communication
- Have a working knowledge of the Team USA program in order to communicate with athletes about any questions that come in surrounding the program/events
- Communicate internally with associated business units relating to Team USA needs and initiatives
- Assist in Team USA preparation for 5 World Triathlon Championships throughout 2022
- Provide support around our Team USA merchandise program
- Confirming which athletes have purchased parade kits, secure inventory of worlds items
- Ideal candidate will be in person, working 10-15 hours per week at the USA Triathlon office
- Must be customer service oriented and work well with both our internal team and our external constituents
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Familiarity with the sport of triathlon helpful but is NOT required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Cover Letter is Required
Anticipated duration: January 2022-December 2022
Location: Colorado Springs- Not a remote position
Intern status: Part time hours per week: 15-20 hours/week (20 preferred but can work with your schedule! Some weeks will be lighter, and others will be busier)
Pay status: Unpaid
Work schedule: Ideal candidate will be able to be in the USA Triathlon National Office at least 3 days a week for 5 hours a day. However, this is negotiable based on student schedule.