Job Title: NCAA Intern
At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits and access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey. USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon has also been listed No. 2 in the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Top 10 National Sports Associations for 2020. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The USA Triathlon (USAT) Sports Program internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to get real as part of a sports development team of a National Governing Body (NGB). The Sports Program intern works directly with the Sports Development team. During the semester, the USAT intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to recruiting combines and Talent ID programming targeting athletes, assisting with communications various constituents in the sport including at the high school, collegiate and post college levels, filling gaps in NCAA areas of need, and working on institutions retention and recruitment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn the daily functions of the Sports Development department
- Lead the virtual combine program buildout done in 2020
- Be the key contact for the Talent Scout Program
- Share information for Media, Athletic Directors, and others who are part of the local host programs
- Follow through on invoices for grants for programs
- Work with coaches on-boarding build outs for all new hires
- Communicate with athletes and coaches about program gaps and then create solutions to these needs
- Create databases of run and swim coaches in states where combines will be positioned
- Recruit athletes using the databases we have created
- Be a sounding board for programs we do create for existing institutions
- Be a resource to a collaborative team to help grow multisport participation in the U.S. at the High School and Collegiate Levels
- Work a minimum of 10-12 hours a week for a full calendar year (May 30, 2021 to May 15, 2022)
- Educational Requirements: Must be currently enrolled in a collegiate program or a recent graduate; sports administration preferred but not required
- Excellent writing and editing skills, strong critical and strategic thinking skills, detail-oriented
- Able to make the commitment each week to the hours agreed upon with direct report
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Familiarity with triathlon beneficial but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be eligible to work in USAT office, if required
Cover Letter is Required
This is an unpaid position eligible for college credit
Location: Remote or office
Pay status: Unpaid
Work schedule: Variable based on student schedule