At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2021 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon was also selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon has also been listed No. 2 in the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Top 10 National Sports Associations for 2020. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
Internship Title: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access Internship
The USA Triathlon (USAT) Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with one of the leading National Governing Bodies (NGB) in Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access (DEIA). The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access intern works directly with the Manager of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access on various projects and Programs. During the semester, the USAT intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to Program development and implementation to Inclusive policy review and development.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn the day to day functions/roles of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access in a National Governing body
- Assist with the maintenance and growth of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Program
- Work collaboratively on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access related research projects
- Assist with projects related to new Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access program development and implementation
- Identification of content and news for the USA Triathlon Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access Newsletter
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor or Master’s degree program or a recent graduate
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Familiarity with the sport of triathlon helpful but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Start Date: October 2021
Anticipated Duration: Late December
Status: Part-Time, 25 hours per week
Work Schedule: variable based on student and USA Triathlon needs
Custom cover letter and resume required
Unpaid - College credit available
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.