At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits and access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey. USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon has also been listed No. 2 in the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Top 10 National Sports Associations for 2020. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
This role drives operational and organizational initiatives across USA Triathlon, and provides oversight and guidance on projects of high importance to the Chief of Staff and CEO. This person will work across the organization to evaluate, support and measure the progress of priority plans, build processes, and drive consensus around strategic direction. Essentially, this person will be responsible for monitoring and advancing the organization’s business plans, priorities and goals. This role will also lead key external non-commercial strategic partnerships to drive value and growth opportunities for USA Triathlon. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, experience integrating technology throughout the business, and the ability to track and measure the operations of the organization. We are looking for an excellent communicator, who is innovative, strategic and revenue-minded, and has experience streamlining processes and implementing complex projects from inception to completion.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in depth analysis on organizational priority plans and programs with recommendations on opportunities for better alignment to the strategic plan, efficiency, and impact
- Work cross functionally and proactively to identify and solve problems that empower teams to collaborate well, with a focus on shipping things quickly and delivering results with transparency and accountability
- Establish the framework, templates, process, tools, and cadence to drive strategic decision making and business outcomes
- Represent USA Triathlon and the Chief of Staff by leading key external non-commercial relationships and partnerships that drive organizational value
- Oversee high impact operational projects
- On behalf of the Chief of Staff, and in coordination with the appropriate cross functional teams, support contract negotiations and implementation
- Project Manage from inception to completion key organizational projects including technology initiatives (website, partner product development, etc.) to manage and ensure the successful development, deployment, and ongoing service
- Facilitate key priorities and act as a consultant and advisor to the Chief of Staff
- Highly self-motivated, intrinsically driven to contribute, and an all-in approach to everything you do
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage cross-functional projects by bringing processes that drive clarity and simplify operational practices
- Critical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- 5+ years of experience Business Operations and Project Management
- 3+ years of people management experience with a proven track record of inspiring and motivating teams
Other helpful things:
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in sports
- Connection to endurance sports
- Powerpoint and Excel guru
- Tableau experience preferred
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $105,000
Location: Based in Colorado Springs; open to “flex” schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.