DEPARTMENT: Legal Department
BASIC FUNCTION: Assist the Legal Department in handling the day to day functions of the department and assist with the tasks the department needs to complete by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Administration of Contracts and Other Matters
- Track the receipt of all contracts and other documents to ensure they are all handled on a timely basis and are continually moving through the review process.
- Handle the preparation, execution and filing of contracts, as directed.
- Assist with the maintenance of a contract management system.
- Close contract and matter files and maintain the filing system.
- Assist the Authorized Athlete Representative Program.
- Organize annual Athlete Representative applications.
- Coordinate background screens on prospective Athlete Representatives.
- Assist with obtaining payment along with each application.
- Track applications, seminar attendance, and exam results in connection with annual requirements.
- Prepare routine correspondence.
- Maintain Athlete Representative directory.
- Assist in the preparation of seminar curriculum and seminar planning logistics.
- Assist with creating quarterly newsletters and email blasts to Athlete Representatives.
- Assist with the preparation of and maintenance of correspondence regarding eligibility and citizenship matters, including:
- athletes wishing to change allegiance;
- athletes requesting no-objection letters for obtaining O-1 and P-1 Visas; and
- athletes seeking to join clubs in other countries.
- Review and analyze documents based on company standards.
- Maintain all department files.
- Track department processes in order to provide constant analysis of departmental goals.
- Complete administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to scheduling department meetings, prepare and handle all travel authorizations, expense reports, and credit card reconciliations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (paralegal certificate or degree preferred, but not required).
- One to three years experience in a law firm or corporate setting.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of legal documents in a corporate context.
- Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of peers, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exits.
- Ability to interpret and utilize a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Should have intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint).
- Experience with contract management systems preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass a USATF background screen and drug test.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Occasional lifting in connection with filing. Sit for more than 6 hours per shift.
NON-PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Travel 2 -3 times per year (including weekend travel).