The Team Services Senior Advisor’s primary goals are to lead the zone and advisory team (Associates, Advisors, and Trainers) to deliver in-person and virtual resources to teams and members. This position contributes to the growth and success of swim teams through the development of their business and governance operations and contributes to the growth and success of swim teams through the scientific and technical development of their coaching staff.
- Manage zone’s advisory team through collaboration with Director, Team Services.
- Develop and implement zone specific initiatives to meet organization goals.
- Customer service point of contact for 250 teams and 7-8 Local Swimming Committees (LSCs) in their assigned zone.
- Organize and deliver current best practices for small business/coach-owned teams, and governance and business operations for non-profit and organizationally operated teams.
- Organize and deliver sport science and other technical services to coaches and swim clubs/teams, and athlete-focused and parent engagement programs and services.
- Cross company collaboration to ensure excellent teamwork and communication.
- Organize and train trainers within assigned zone to facilitate topics on Coach Education to USA Swimming Coaches.
- Organize and facilitate USA Swimming event activations at major USA swimming events.
- Assist LSCs/teams with LSC Evaluation and Achievement Program, Club Leadership Business Management School, Club Recognition Program, Coach Education, Club Excellence programs, and new club applications.
- Proficient with technology and ability to expand knowledge base, especially with the following programs: Microsoft Office Suite, Customer Relationship Management, SWIMS 3.0 Database, Club Portal, and LMS Platform.
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, and communication skills.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviors that support and demonstrate commitment to organizational and team values.
- Establish quarterly and annual goals with Director, Team Services.
- Work collaboratively with other USA Swimming staff members and divisions to facilitate the coordination and integration of USA Swimming services and programs.
- Relocate to Colorado Springs, Colorado, or live within the assigned territory.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 30% of the year, at direction of the Director, Team Services.
- Responsible for the management of assigned staff members to include oversight of their work, performance management, accountability, and goal setting.
- Effective October 1, 2021, USA Swimming is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with USA Swimming’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in sports management, non-profit management, or related field required
- Minimum of ten-years’ experience in working in the sport of swimming as a coach or program administrator
- Subject Matter Expert in an area specific to Sport Development Key Performance Indicators
- Olympic sports experience preferred
- Experience with governance in multiple LSCs, including non-profit board governance and institution operations (YMCA, Park and Recreation, etc.)
- Demonstrated competence in small business development: budget creation/administration, program/service creation and assessment, business marketing, strategic planning
- Basic understanding of USA Swimming’s structure and objectives
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $74,000 - $77,000 / year
- Bonus Eligibility: Based on company performance, this position may be eligible for an annual bonus target of 7.5%
- Benefits available include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
- Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
- 12 paid holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.