The Manager, Team Performance and Operations primary goals are contributing to the growth and success of swim teams through the development of their business and governance operations, along with contributing to the growth and success of swim teams through the scientific and technical development of their coaching staff.
- Customer service point of contact for teams, coaches, parents and LSC leadership
- Organize and deliver current best practices for small business/coach owned teams
- Organize and deliver current best practices of governance and business operations for non-profit and organizationally operated teams
- Organize and deliver sport science & other technical services to coaches and swim clubs/teams.
- Organize and deliver athlete focused and parent engagement programs and services
- Cross company collaboration
- Organize and train trainers within assigned zone to facilitate topics on Coach Education to USA Swimming Coaches
- Organize and facilitate USA Swimming event activations at major USA swimming events
- Proficiency with computers and a willingness to expand knowledge base, especially with the following programs: Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, SWIMS Database
- Excellent organizational, facilitation and communication skills.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviors that support and demonstrate commitment to organizational values
- Establish quarterly and annual goals with Director
- Work collaboratively with other USA-S staff members and divisions to facilitate the coordination and integration of USA-S services and programs
- Relocate to Colorado Springs, Colorado, or live within the assigned territory
- Able and willing to travel approximately 30% of the time, at direction of Team Services Director and Senior Director.
- Required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 upon hire.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field required
- Minimum of ten years (10) experience in swim team coaching with a minimum of five (5) years as a head coach or program administrator OR minimum of ten years (10) in sports organization management, with a minimum of five (5) years as head coach or program administrator. Olympic sports experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated competence in governance including non-profit board governance, institution operations (YMCA, Park and Recreation, etc.)
- Demonstrated competence in small business development: budget creation/administration, program/service creation and assessment, business marketing, strategic planning.
- Basic understanding of USA Swimming’s structure and objectives
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary Range for this position is $70,000 - $77,000 / year
- Benefits available include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
- Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
- 12 paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.