Summary of Position:
USA Swimming’s Sport Development Division’s primary purpose is to support and strengthen the national infrastructure of club swimming. Core activities include athlete pipeline development, team education and support, coach education and support, facility advocacy and development, membership growth and diversity, equity & inclusion. Interns for the Sport Development Division will be responsible for assisting all members of the department with various projects and assignments.
Internship Period: May – December 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Create spreadsheets and data reports.
- Assist with administrative duties (data entry/management, organization, filing, mailings).
- Assist with creating, posting and updating web pages.
- Work closely with the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion team on special projects.
- Assist with special projects (education initiatives, regional/virtual coach clinics, online webinars/presentations, leadership initiatives, etc.) and other duties as assigned.
- Provide camp preparation and delivery support when needed.
- Resource editing and updating.
- Assist with Sport Development communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at the junior or senior level status, completed a bachelor’s degree within one calendar year prior, or enrolled in a master’s degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with professional social media.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports)
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Excellent organization, communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
The starting pay for this position is $15.00 / hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.