Summary of Position:
Intern, National Events will be a part of USA Swimming’s Technical Sport Division. The National Events team works across the country to host qualifying swim meets for both professional and amateur athletes. The Intern, National Events will be responsible for assisting the National Events Department with various projects and assignments.
Internship Period: September – December 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the National Events Department.
- Support with data entry for the 2021-2022 NCAA Swimming & Diving season.
- Manage, track, and log Athlete and Participant Waivers for USA Swimming Championship Events.
- Develop and implement new data management initiatives.
- Assist with resource editing and updating.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 upon hire
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program as at least a junior, completed a bachelor’s degree within one calendar year prior, or enrolled in a master’s degree program
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO for the length of internship
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Excellent organization, communication, and human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $15.00 / hour
- Benefits available include: medical, dental, and vision
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.