Summary of Position:
Intern will be a part of USA Swimming’s Sport Development Division. The Sport Development Division’s primary purpose is to support and strengthen the national infrastructure of club swimming. The Business and Data Analytics Intern will be responsible for the continued modernization of USA Swimming’s culture with respect to data, reporting, and automation in addition to the evolution of predictive modeling and data-driven decision making.
Internship Period: June – September 2021
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage incoming data flow and data integrity of the SWIMS database.
- Fulfill ad-hoc internal and external data reporting and data visualization requests (SQL/Power BI requests).
- Predictive Modeling with respect to membership, financials, and performance.
- Manage monthly reporting to Leadership on Membership, Times/Performance/Records, Olympic Trials, and spotlighting clubs and National Jr. Teamers.
- Assist Technology team with documenting improvements to SWIMS and public facing applications/widgets.
- Assist Technology team with automation of programs like Club Excellence and Scholastic All-America.
- Use creativity and data knowledge to simplify and communicate data-driven performance content to the Communications team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at the junior or senior level status, completed a bachelor’s degree within one calendar year prior, or enrolled in a master’s degree program
- Degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Math, Machine Learning, or related
- Working Knowledge of SQL and Automated Reporting
- Working Knowledge of Python and/or R
- Working Knowledge of Data Visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Sport experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sports)
- Must be eligible to work in the USA
- Excellent organization, communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
The hourly rate for this position starts at $15.000 / hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.