The Instructional Designer is responsible for building and designing new courses and certification levels within the requirements of USA Swimming’s education and curriculum program. This position will partner within Sport Development and across the organization to meet education and curriculum deliverables. The Instructional Designer will work with the Program Director, Education & Curriculum to ensure that trainings provided are beneficial and meet required standards.
- Ensures that USA Swimming’s mission, vision, and organizational and quality standards reflect in all aspects of the learner experience.
- Consults with adult learning specialist and curriculum team during program development and review.
- Creates courses that are contextually rich, engaging, and objective-driven that focus on applicable, real-world skills.
- Applies evidence-based curriculum development strategies to the certification design.
- Updates existing courses to include dynamic and relevant information, learning objectives, relevant documentation, and consistency of message.
- Reviews learning resources and assessments to ensure proper alignment to the intended objectives and facilitates agreement for necessary changes.
- Ensures courses created are on time within budget and meets brand and quality standards.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews on courses and implements revisions.
- Keeps current on industry developments in e-learning and advises staff on best practices.
- Seeks and incorporates member feedback into course designs.
- Effective October 1, 2021, USA Swimming is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with USA Swimming’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, education technology, related field. Or equivalent
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience working with web based programs, online education systems, project, and/or program management or course design
- Expertise in building with Canvas and Articulate Suite
- Strong technical skills to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with embedded video, and web design
- Familiarity with web based applications including Zoom, Qualtrics, learning management systems, and Absorb
- Experience in online learning technologies and pedagogies
- Expertise in curriculum development, instructional design, and test development for adult learners
- Direct experience working with learning management systems, from custom to off the shelf products
- Strong leader with the ability to be a team player with people management skills
- Advanced technical writing and editing skill
- Thorough understanding of project management, needs assessment, and risk management
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages while meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Ability to facilitate collaboration, support, and approval from a variety of stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to investigate appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate; future-oriented; assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
- Advanced critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis skills
- This is a full-time, temporary position located in Colorado Springs, CO
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer