The Front End Developer is responsible for administering and managing front and back ends of internal and external websites, and ensuring our sites deliver the optimal user experience. The Front End Developer plays an active role in shaping web strategy and increasing engagement with USA Swimming members, fans, and affiliates. This position will work within the Commercial team and across the organization to ensure that USA Swimming is effective in delivering messages to teammates, members, and the public.
- Overall responsibility for USA Swimming production and test websites.
- Responsible for site design including graphics, videos, landing pages, and functional elements.
- Manage collection and design of all front-end content for organization website.
- Excellent copywriting skills. Will serve as the “clean eyes” on all content and occasional author of new content.
- Effectively communicate and train additional staff to assist with minor content updates.
- Manage audio and video live-streaming for organization events.
- Experience ensuring websites follow industry best practices, as well as accessibility and usability standards.
- Maintain site health by enhancing search engine optimization, ensuring proper internal link structure, implementing on-page optimization best practices, and maintaining American with Disabilities Act compliance.
- Collaborate with design, marketing, and IT teams to implement website projects.
- Work together with the marketing team to create custom tracking mechanisms for engagement on the site.
- Manage backend Google suite implementation.
- Implement and maintain General Data Privacy Protection, California Consumer Privacy Act, and other relevant legislative/legal compliance.
- Effective October 1, 2021, USA Swimming is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with USA Swimming’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, Team USA athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent
- 3+ years direct experience in web administration, development, or content management, with proven success implementing digital strategy
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Proficiency with CMS systems, preferably Sitefinity
- Solid understanding of graphic design, web and mobile layout, and UX principles
- Demonstrable skill with Google search console, Google Analytics, and Google Ads
- Experience optimizing and managing website health
- Experience with site optimization tools and familiar with A/B and multivariate testing principles
- Knowledge of live streaming technologies, preferably vimeo livestream and YouTube
- Some understanding of developing online marketing strategies and principles (social networking, email marketing, search engine optimization, personalization, etc.)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and perform problem analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing and content creation
- Creative and responsive team-oriented attitude
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, diverse environment focused on innovation, teamwork, and results
- Highly-energized and creative thinker
- Always abreast of industry and field developments; including the latest technologies and functionalities.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $62,000 - $68,000 / year
- Bonus Eligibility: Based on company performance, this position may be eligible for an annual bonus target of 7.5%
- Benefits available include:
o Medical, dental and vision
o Company paid short-term and long-term disability
o Company paid life insurance
o Parental leave
o 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
o Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
o 12 paid holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer