The Data Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the data warehouse, and associated ETLs. The Data Engineer will be an integral part of modernizing USA Swimming’s data culture and ensuring data is accurately and properly exposed to end users.
- Participate in architectural discussions to create and maintain optimal modern data pipeline architecture amidst ever-changing business needs.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure technologies.
- Design and build Azure Logic Apps to automate programs.
- Expose data to end users using Data Warehouse and Power BI, or other modern reporting and visualization platform.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and data quality issues.
- Optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Fulfill internal and external custom SQL requests.
- Answer membership and times data-related customer service questions from members
- Understand USA Swimming’s complex business rules to ensure accurate execution of tasks
- Required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 upon hire.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data science, information management, related field or equivalent
- Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a professional environment
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO
- 2+ years of experience with Azure services: Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DB, Azure Databricks, ML Studio, Azure Data Lake, etc.
- 2+ Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions on Azur
- Experience with Azure performance and monitoring tools
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Knowledge of OLAP data models, including snowflake and star schemas and cube design
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work across departments and in a team setting to help achieve desired goals and outcomes.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Swimming experience/knowledge of USA Swimming
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range for this position is $68,000 - $78,000 / year + benefits
- Benefits available include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Parental leave
- 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
- Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
- 12 paid holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.