The Men’s National Team (MNT) Strength and Conditioning Contractor is responsible for the physical preparedness of the MNT athletes including:
- Physical preparation and performance of athletes.
- Athlete monitoring.
- Gym, practice and match day duties such as Warm-up/cool down/analyzing of physical capacity of player through Polar/GPS/Catapult devices etc., providing real time feedback to coaches.
- Promotion of an integrated, collaborative, inter-disciplinary approach within the MNT.
Duties and Responsibilities
Physical preparation and performance of athletes:
- Development and implementation of a physical performance improvement plan for the MNT in line with world best practices.
- Preparation and oversight of strength and conditioning activities of individual MNT athletes.
- Delivery of rehabilitation programs in collaboration with the Human Performance Lead.
- Communication with other performance team members regarding athlete health status, training status and training load to support collective decision making.
- Development and implementation of a wellness and load management data collection strategy including the use of appropriate technology.
- Coordinate accurate data entry into the MNT Athlete Management System and Electronic Medical Records system including for decentralized athletes.
- Liaise with members of the inter-disciplinary performance teams to regularly interrogate data to assist in the development of injury and illness prevention programs.
Gym, Practice, and Match Day Duties:
- Travel with the MNT to all tournaments and events, attend all training sessions and all strength and conditioning sessions.
- Coordinate pre-match and post-match athlete physical processes for preparation and recovery.
Other general duties:
- Develop and maintain a network of organizations and individuals with whom to share and develop best practice.
- Cultivate close working relationships with peers in college environments to enable knowledge of and management of MNT college-based athletes.
- Work with the MNT staff to ensure effective integration of support services and communications.
- Assist in USA Field Hockey activities where required, including sponsor or media events.
- Assist with any other duties as reasonably required by the Head Coach.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science (Strength and Conditioning) or related discipline.
- Appropriately certified strength and conditioning coach.
- Outstanding academic and applied knowledge contemporary practice in physical performance development.
- Extensive experience in front line delivery of physical performance coaching at senior level in elite sport.
- Minimum 2 years’ high performance sport experience.
- Qualified Athletic Trainer.
- Experience with field hockey.
- Experience with elite male athletes.
- Athlete Management System and Electronic Medical Records system experience.
Essential Skills and Behaviors
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be efficient and organized, and strong awareness of self and self-regulation.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing individual differences and group dynamics.
- Knowledge of handling GPS/Polar watches/Catapult devices/software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent observational and analytical skills.
- Strong and accurate administration skills with an eye for detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritization in a results-oriented environment.
- Driven by achieving results, a passion to succeed.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- This is primarily a field position, although some office work will be required. Incumbent should also be able to lift up to 40lbs, be able to stand for long periods of time, crouch, reach and bend.
- Incumbent will need to be able to successfully operate office equipment with ease. Office work may require sitting for long periods of time. Noise level may be high especially in enclosed environments such as indoor field hockey arenas and medical offices.
- Incumbent must be flexible and able to adapt to immediate work needs, have the ability to work effectively and safely in a pressured environment of irregular and long hours. Traveling great distances and work on holidays/weekends are required.
Work Location Various; Initially based in Moorpark, LA
Daily stipend available for camps and competitions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.